Pass Lake Pontoon Boat

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by SteelyStan, May 18, 2005.

1. While fishing Pass Lake last week, we met a man from Seattle, his name is Hank, who was using a pontoon/kick boat that is of interest to me. It had large diameter but short tubes and a metal frame that folded up so you could carry it on your back. He said it was made in Seattle. Does anyone know where that boat can be purchased?

During that trip I loaned my friend a red/gold Doc Spratley and he immediately tagged into the largest trout he has ever hooked. It took him well into the backing twice. His net was too small so the fish came loose while trying to net it. I have seen him land 24 inch Kamloops and he said this fish was bigger. Must have been a brown.

2. Check this out, it may be what you are looking for. XStream makes a couple portable pontoon boats that fit your description. These guys are just south of Boeing Field. You used to be able to buy right at their office, that is where I bought my float tube, but they appear to sell at retailers also.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/xstreamgear/index.htm

I hope that helps.

3. Thanks for the response. Yes, that one boat is similar. I will check them out. The one I saw had shorter oars that strapped down to the pontoons.

4. If he was and older guy, then the Hank your talking about is fishing in an extreme boat as mentioned above. I talked with him last year about his boat, they are made buy a buddy of his down in tuckwilla... I thought it was a nice little rig and if you talk to his buddy he'll customize the boat to your needs.

5. Thanks everyone. It wasn't a Supercat. Looks like it was an Xtreem boat. I'll give them a call.

6. Have any of you guys seen the older gent with the wooden pontoon at Pass Lake? We saw him this past winter. It was a really neat rig.