Pass Lake Redemption * Brown Trout Virginity Lost

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, May 4, 2003.

1. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:
    I have to start this post off with two appologies... Old Man.. sorry we didn't make it to that one lake with you on time. We ended up going there, and I slayed'm with the song "moterin" going through my head ha!... and Roper sorry I couldn't get ahold of you for this trip.. I tried calling yesterday and this morning.

Well anyways if any of you read our pass lake reports last week you saw that I had a bitch of a time bringing hooked fish in. Especially that Big brown that got away right in front of Whitey... I think he even chuckled at me a lil bit...

Well at the last minute before treking out to see Old Man at one of his many hundred secret spots... Bhudda and I decided to hit pass lake, his first time and my chance at revenge on that brown that made me "his bitch". Here is how the 45 minutes there ended up for the each of us.
    (see photo's below)

Bhudda's New Love ( first time @ pass lake and first Brown)
    http://www.webauction4u.com/images/listingimages/byrs/fish/bhud_brn.jpg

PAYBACK BEEEOOTCH!
    http://www.webauction4u.com/images/listingimages/byrs/fish/backbrn.jpg

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Pass Lake Redemption & Brown Trout Virginity Lost

I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

These are really nice pictures. What are they,A polar bear in a snow storm. Nothing came up on my 'puter.

Jim

That's not fair,you edited the same time I posted

Jim

3. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

Nicely done you guys. I was trying to make my computer blow up the fly hanging in that rascals lip but couldn't make it happen. Looks like some kind of white bead with a black back end. That might be your bead/indicator with a large chironomid below it. Oh well haven't been to Pass in years, but looks like its time to meet the clan.

Way to go!!

Mark

4. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    schmokin'reel!!!

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!.:smokin

5. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Good work guys... Is that a caddis I see there Bhudda? Did the Green Lake experience the other night talk you into a caddis, or is that a borrowed tube?

worldanglr
    http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
    -Paul Schullery

6. Luv2flyfish

Luv2flyfish Another Flyfisherman

Nice Work Fellas!! Nice Fish! Gotta love a Brownie action. RIGHT ON! I gotta quit reading about all these great trips with you fellas (everyone for that fact) and get out there with you.

If that was your first brown, thats one to be proud of. Again, Nice Fish.

Jay:thumb

7. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    schmokin'reel!!!!

no sir! i took your advice and went back , the manager said cool , upgraded and got a $20 discount that was in the weeks recent ad that i didnt know if i was suppose to get but i asked and received! NOW IM READY !! up for greenlake again? -- bhudda:smokin

8. greyghost

greyghost Member

Media:
    well done fellas.... Now, if you want to see the lakes big boys, I might suggest stringing up your rod at about 9 PM, bring a headlamp and watch out; the bats out there are thick....

I'll be on the lake a few days this week.

Pete

9. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Silly wabbit...

...you're supposed to take your secret fly out of the fish's mouth and THEN take the photo!!!

You had more fun this weekend than I did, I'm jealous!

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

10. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    schmokin'reel!!!

Hey Pete, you gettin in there at all today or tues. im off work so if you wanna catch up let me know
    schmoktyet@hotmail.com. would dig catchin a pig:smokin -bhudda

11. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Media:
    I couldn't agree more. Yes, the bats are thick! I was out on Pass until 11pm both Saturday and Sunday nights. Last night was a little slower than Saturday, but still managed a few hookups in the 2 1/2 hours I was there. I'm blaming part of it on breaking off my hot fly (that I only had one of) on an overly aggressive hook set. Of course, I only had one so it's back to the tying bench this week...

The coolest thing I saw was on Saturday night. As I was approaching the boat launch I saw a fish rise right next to the log on the edge of the launch, about 6 inches from shore. I made a mental note and when I came in for the night, I started casting along that log. Right when I got up near where I had seen the fish, I overshot (it's dark, give me a break) and got hung up in a branch. The fly wouldn't come free, so I had no choice but to walk over and pull my fly free. As I approached the log, I heard a splash, looked down, and saw an 18" brown dart out from log, look at my feet, and then head for cover. Last night I was hoping he'd be back to hunt minnows in the shallows again, but a heron was camped out in his spot.

12. Luv2flyfish

Luv2flyfish Another Flyfisherman

Silly wabbit...

I have been eye balling pass lake as an option for a while now. This post is a little more of a motivator. Is there any camping along the lake anywhere or within close proximity? I am thinking of making that my weekend travels this coming. Any one else from the site going to be out there? Tight Lines Jay

13. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Media:
    Silly wabbit...

You can camp at Deception Pass State Park.

14. TANGLES

TANGLES Richh

Silly wabbit...

Of course you caught fish — first time! That's the way it always works. You catch a nice fish that first time that keeps you coming back again, and again, and again. :beathead Even though you don't catch another one, there's always that memory. The fish know this of course.
    Congratulations

15. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Looks like a couple of mug shots??

Thats all I thought about when i saw the pictures....mug shots.... :p

Nice fish fellas. Was it the same one but handed off to each other for the picture :dunno ...cause I know bhudda cant catch fish }( .

Joking of course. In all seriousness those are some nice fish :thumb . When you guys gonna head over here??

late

~Patrick ><>

16. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    Looks like a couple of mug shots??

schmokin'reel!!!

Patrick im laughing right now because i thought about that same thing..but .... i have to say mine was bigger:p
    haa we'll wait for Backyards rebutal. j/joking chris. remember , ninjas are quiet and always play dumb, thats are stealth -right Ty! all you guys a jibberin' and a jabberin' while are skills are at work. like when i make knotted casts , when i go around the bend there they turn into perfect ones for some reason, hahahaha when you gonna show me how huh, daddy..? i beleive in the up coming weeks here we might cross paths kemosabi. WATCH OUT... was that a ninja????

:+ bhudda

17. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

I haven't seen a brown that pretty since I left Colorado.
    What beautiful markings! Fab. photo--magazine stuff that.
    If you're gonna wipe out your virginity, it should always be on a big one. Ask any young maiden if you think I'm wrong. :thumb
    Bob