Pass Lake Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Tony Mull, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

Media:
    Spent the day after turkey day as usual. Nice day compared to others since. Slow going looking for browns near the edge. Finally into some fish on the point. Fish deeper than usual for this time of year and there is still more algae than I've ever seen this late. Our fish were 18-19 inch ones. Most folks reported 1 or 2 fish except one fellow who was on to them all day (there's always some guy isn't there? But it's great on the days when you're that guy.)

Attached Files:

2. Rick Baerg

Rick Baerg addicted

Media:
    Home Page:
    Great report! I used to go down their all the time but haven't fished it in 4years or so. Its only about an hours drive from Chilliwack, BC, nice and close. Good to see the fishing is still good! I'll have to get back down there this winter! :)

3. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

I've been meaning to head out there too...good to see some nice fish, surprised the algae is still hanging around though...

4. wildatheartphoto

wildatheartphoto Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I haven't caught a brown at Pass for a couple of months, but I seem to be fortunate enough to land a couple-three rainbows each outing. I am surprised by the amount of algae as well...fortunately, it is dissappearing!!!

5. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

Media:
    that's my first brown of the fall. probably my last too as it's hard for me to find fishing time in dec. it was an excellent fight on my little 3 wt. as was the rainbow pictured in the net. the other rainbow is held by my buddy duane.

6. Fish Finder

Fish Finder Member

Media:
    Beauty Brown!:eek:

Finder;)

7. nvgpeter

nvgpeter New Member

Need advice

I fished Pass Lake for about 3 hours Saturday and got blanked. Can you share some local knowledge? I tried fishing a streamer, minnow pattern, and leach down deep. I also tried to avoid the algae. I saw only a very few fish on the surface. Tips?

8. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

Media:
    Pass takes a lot of patience, especially this year apparently. Areas to focus on are the point on the woods side, the whole far end of the lake, and the road side from the cove to the far end of the lake. Look for reeds. There are invariably fish near the boat launch also. I don't fish the roadside as the traffic is just too loud for me. Go to flies are wooly buggers in black, green, maroon, burgandy, and brown as well as combinations of those colors. Bunny leeches in the same colors work well also. I always have some with yellow or white colors also, but if you gotta pick one the black wooly bugger has to be it. I rarely use anything other than a #10, but I used to go as big as a #6 there. I use a medium action 7' #3 rod almost exclusively now and a # 6 bugger is like casting a brick. Sink tip line works well at Pass and I use clear intermediate sink a lot too. When the browns are really going at it using a floater and casting right at rises can be a blast. Casting right against the bank and stripping back works well (not as good this year due to the algae I think) working the bottom with a steady foot long strip works very well near weedbeds or around the point. In the spring chronies in 10-15 ft of water works as does trolling a dark leech or bugger. Good luck. The cold will start to shut things down till spring now except when we have a few days in the 50's. After 16 years I still don't have it completely figured out.

Attached Files: