Pass Lake Report?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Dan Soltau, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Dan Soltau

Dan Soltau New Member

Anybody gone up there recently? And have you thrown baitfish patterns?

2. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

I have gone up there 3 times now in the last 2 months and each time I did well. I never used a 'baitfish' pattern. I did the very best on a size 10 clown leech and a size 6 carey special.

My bro in law was throwing streamers trying to catch one of the large browns and he caught nothing in two days of fishing with it.

That doesnt mean that what I was using is the only thing that will catch fish and it also doesnt mean the streamers wont. But, that is how it turned out.

3. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

Remember the last time we went up there? What was I using the day I whooped your USA Junior National Fly Fishing Team Ass? ; )

4. Dan Soltau

Dan Soltau New Member

wayne. suck it. I have not had luck pass, at all. But there ae big browns in there so I keep interest.

5. Willie Bodger

Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Can't say that I've been up there recently, but Mickey Finns in the shallows on summer evenings have pulled out a few browns for me. Not helpful now, but though it would be fun to jump in and harass anyway...

6. Wayne Jordan

Imagine that little Dan-Dan...someone else had luck with a plain old Mickey Finn. Ever think about the size and profile of the baitfish in the lake? :hmmm:

7. Willie Bodger

Doesn't Pass have stickelbacks in it?

8. Dan Soltau

Dan Soltau New Member

Hey wayne, you should stop rubbing in the fact you catch a shitload of fish at pass, I never denied you that. Slim, sparse minnows eh?

9. Willie Bodger

I've gotten them on slim sparse and big and orange. Check out the 2006 Sculpin swap. My orange sculpin has taken some nice sized fish out of Pass.

10. Wayne Jordan

Not rubbing it in young man, just trying to make you aware of something...If they aren't into the Big Mac on a particular day try an appetizer. Why aren't you in school!? LOL

11. Rory McMahon

Rory McMahon Active Member

i dont have a report but i know that fathead minnow imitations work well fished deep in the winter.

12. Islander

Islander Steve

I like using big streamers and bunny leeches in the winter. Haven't been up there in a few weeks though, with all the crapy weather.

13. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

If anyone is interested--and only because I am physically unable to fish these days--I am willing to tie and mail a couple of buggers I use only for browns to anyone planning on fishing Pass Lake. These woolly buggers have worked like gangbusters in another lake I've fished. I'm kind of dying to see if they work elsewheres. Any takers? I'm willing to supply only two anglers with three flies a-piece. Beyond that, people have to share.

PM me.

14. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

No mas. Hendersonbaylocal and mat1226 were the first to bite. They now owe me a report. If you run into those guys there, you might be able to bum a bugger off of them. Otherwise, go to my gallery to see the fly.