Pass lake reports

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Sean Beauchamp, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +467 / 1
    The misses is gettin a little to preggo for me to run off to the coast every weekend so im thinking if the weather holds out on Sunday might take the drift boat out and get her out there with me for the afternoon and do some chiro fishin. Any recent reports?
  2. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Sean,
    I fished it a few weeks ago. Got a few on chrironomids and one on a leech under a indicator.
    Weather was cold and windy that day. Best action was around the launch. It has been warmer since then so I'd image the catching has improved.
    Congrats on the upcoming new addition to your family.
    SF
    Sean Beauchamp likes this.
  3. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Ratings: +138 / 0
    You and me both my man. Katie is due on April 7th! Lake fishing is turning on pretty good over here.
  4. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,051 / 1
    Pass lake I have found can fish well any day of the week/any day of the year. My best day ever came in December this year with well over 50 fish landed (no it was not a fresh plant day). Last winter/early spring 2011/2012 I was finding consistent action through out the day in specific locations but once the waters warmed up the fish spread out more and they were actually harder to figure out initially. I have since had back to back days there with completely different results.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the lake is fishing well, but then again it is always fishing well and I feel it is always a worthy option.
    Breck likes this.
  5. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,622 / 2
    That actually sounds like a good time. I discovered a little puddle full of bass within walking distance of my place, so I may be doing a bit more Stillwater stuff. That, and I made myself a goal of getting back in to trout fishing. We had some good times on pass back in the day.
  6. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +267 / 0
    Hey Sean,
    I'll come up and say hello if it works out...been way too long. She's ramping up on midges now after a stellar daphnia feed (Ira can attest to that). Seen you fish plenty, you'll find action no prob.

Hope to run into you!
    Irafly likes this.
  7. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Thanks Tim been awhile since I've haunted the office. I'm mostly concerned about tying knots with those damn trout leaders and tiny bugs. It's been awhile since I held anything less than 12lb in my hands. Sounds fun I should be out there. Ill be lookin for your sun bleached donut!
  8. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,622 / 2
    I've even gone and fished the Yak a couple times lately when I couldn't get to the coast. Probably be doing more of that now that I have a drift boat. Not sure what's wrong with me, but this branching out stuff is getting out of hand.
    Islander likes this.
  9. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    well if you need help branching out and need to fill some seats, i have money, beer, whiskey, and fly fishing gear.
  10. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    Just FYI. The 4th Corner Fly Fishers is having an outing on Pass on Saturday, so it may be crowded that day! (and I will be part of the crowd!) Rick
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  11. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +205 / 0
    Rick:

Thanks for the warning. Planning to be a little south of you with Jimbo. It's a B-day trip for him.

Have fun up there.
  12. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    I've been fishing it atleast once a week since last October and as of late the fishing has been decent (granted I streamer fish 100% of the time unless the hatch is significant enough to bring a dry rod). Yesterday I found a 22" Brown and handful of medium browns and rainbows, including one that was all colored up looking for lady trouts. There was a significant hatch of adult chronomids (shucks littering the water in the back half of the lake) aswell as some smaller pale midges. There were great numbers of fish rising considering its still March. I'm sure you'll be just fine fishing Chronies.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  13. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated since its a long drive up. Will stay closer to home.
  14. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    Wish Jim a happy birthday for me. I am looking forward to getting you guys over to the cabin soon! Rick
  15. jimmyz Member

1420577th av. ne. kirland
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    i am going to pass ,lake on monday it will be my first trip to pass this spring. lookindg forward to doing some dry fly fishing from dawn to su nset
  16. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Rowed the family around the lake for a 2 hours yesterday afternoon. Action was steady didn't make it 50 yards from the ramp and we had the first rainbow in the net. My two year old wasn't too interested in reeling em in but she was happy to cheer mom on, help me row and net fish. Which is more than I can say for some fishing partners! ;)

We mainly trolled a rio deep 7 and a black leech with a chironomid dropper on my daughters 4 weight fiberglass. But I did anchor up and make some casts with the bobber rig. I would get distracted with my daughter and not realize my indicator was 5 feet under water. Wups. Missed a few and went back to trolling.

Ended the night with a beautiful healthy 20-21" brown. It gave that little fiberglass a serious workout. First brown trout for the misses. Great night!

Attached Files:

17. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Great way to end the day with the family! Mmmm... brownies!
  18. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +267 / 0
    Sean that's a great shot...glad you had such a great day!