pass lake

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by kingfisher, Jun 18, 2002.

1. kingfisher

kingfisher Guest

Has anyone fished pass or cranberry lately? I need to get on the water this weekend, yah or nay? :HMMM

2. mtp1032

mtp1032 New Member

I've fished Pass lake about 10 times since March and have had only limited success. Indeed, Skagit Valley Anglers in Mt. Vernon says that it's been slow all spring.

However, I have caught fish there, and all were caught on the West side of the lake using large dark chironomids (12 and 14) suspended 18" under an indicator. Cast to within a foot of shore.

I've tried wooly buggers with no luck - this continues to be surprising because WBs are historically a productive fly. The last time I was out (last Sunday) I ran across an emergence of PMDs, but couldn't buy a fish.

Good luck,

Michael

3. Steelieblue

Steelieblue New Member

I was out the past two friday nites in a row and had some good success on black buggers (heavily weighted) close to dark. i am fishing a floating line with about a thirteen foot leader, difficult to cast but productive lately. drag it around slowly and hold on tight, i managed one fish that was eighteen inches and two others that were sixteen. i also hit a really nice sixteen incher on an adams right before dark. i know, i know, it was like cheating tricking him like that but i was getting desperate, all of those rises you know. good luck. email in private if you want more details i guess.

Josh