Pass on SRC knowledge to another flyfisher in Bremerton, Poulsbo, or Gig Harbor area

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Roger Stephens, May 18, 2004.

1. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

I am 67 years old and would like to pass on my knowledge and passion of fly fishing for SRC in the saltchuck of Puget Sound before the Lord calls me home. There are some places in the Bremerton area that I have always wanted to fish for SRC. I would like to bring my boat there the 1st or 2nd week of June and fish with someone from the Bremerton, Poulsbo, or Gig Harbor area that is relatively new to fishing for SRC but has a passion to learn about it.

If you are interested, post a message in my in-box of this site or e-mail me(rdstephens@concast.net). Let me know a little bit about yourself. I would prefer that you are a good caster and are able to fish during the week as Saturday is the only day that I am free on weekends.

2. Lostinwater

Lostinwater New Member

Media:
    That's a very generous offer, for you have already shared valueble information on this site numorous times and I always look forward to reading your posts. I would love to take you up on your offer, but I live all the way up in Bellingham. The one time I fished the South Sound I found the beaches and the fish to be equally beatiful and I can't wait to get back down there.

Andrew
    Lostinwater

3. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Media:
    Home Page:
    I nominate fishingjunky15 !

4. wbugger

wbugger Member

Mr. Stephens,

I believe that I may have spoke with you a couple of years ago about src fishing on the phone. I live in Keyport, WA (just north of bremerton and silverdale) and have fished for src's in this area for quite awhile.

I also have a friend who has fished this area for the last ten years for these fish and has taught me a lot. I might be available on one of those wednesdays in the first two weeks of june. I would love to meet and share info as well as fellowship with a fellow Christian.

If we are unable to meet, I would be more than happy to give you some directions to some really nice src water where I and my friend have done well. Just let me know.

My e-mail is: avistk@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Todd

5. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Wow!!! What an offer! I dont think I have ever seen a post quite like this one?? If I lived on that side of the state, I would take two weeks vacation just to hang out and learn a few things.

Not sure but I think you may have misspelled your email address?? Is it suppose to be @comcast.net instead of concast.net ( and m versus an n )???

~Patrick ><>

Faith is nothing until it is everything!

6. Nick Andrews

Nick Andrews New Member

Media:
    Wow, what an offer. I am fresh to the area of SRC fishing and have grown up in Bremerton and moved back after college. I would love to take you up on your offer if it still stands. Or just pick your brain for information and the area. I am getting married in July and my bachelor party is in Las Vegas the first weekend of June. The second weekend of June my fiancée in Las Vegas for hers bachelorate party and was planning on fishing that whole weekend. My e-mail I sent bounced back, but e-mail me and I would just love to chat with you. Thank you, Nick

7. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Sorry. My e-mail address should have been @comcast.net instead of concast.net.

8. Jay Allyn

Jay Allyn The Poor-Student Fly Fisher

Media:
    >I nominate fishingjunky15 !

Thanks Bob, you and I are on the same page!

Chack your PM r. stephens.