Pass report 3/19

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by bwillroll, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Went and joined the armada of prams and pontoons with dudes silently watching their orange bobbers at Pass lake today. I saw several hook into fish. Chironomids seemed to be the ticket. None for me. I'm one of the 90%. Still haven't figured that lake out yet. I had my Chironmid a foot or two off the bottom all day and nothing. Would it help to have some sort of anchor system for my pontoon boat? Anyway...a beautiful day and some good converstation with other fishermen.

2. Go to olive/black leeches with sink tip :thumb: when not catching anything...cast towards shore and strip.

Thanks for report been wanting to get back there soon myself :) :)

3. YES. And if you're not getting anything near the bottom, work your way up.

4. Absolutely Good advice Cup,

Work up through the water column in one foot intervals and if legal always fish a dropper. Remember so slow of a retrieve it drives you nuts.

5. troutfanatic's not kidding. it will literally drive you nuts...
    one eye'll start twitching and you may froth at the mouth a bit when you're doing it right.

6. Yep, just watch Steve Jackson for a bit... (sorry Steve I just had to!)

7. The mass of boats were still there on Monday. I launched around 2:30 and fished 'till dark. Caught three nice rainbows and missed 3 other takes. All on an olive/black leech, kicking and/or wind drifting. Saw a number of chrono guys getting fish - tried it for about 10 mins... then back to kickin around...

8. Chrono is BORING ...but effective at times. At Pass my best times have been with leeches.