Pass Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by golfman44, Mar 31, 2014.

1. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    (this was yesterday). I golfed in the morning so I didn't get on the water until about 2:30 I'd say. Golf was wet windy and cold, fishing was warm and pristine.

I met a super nice guy in the parking lot who noticed my sorry excuse for a chironomid box and he hooked me up with a few that worked well for him. I'm horrible with names so I forget his, but he was awfully nice. I threw some of the chironomids he gave me (they were really small, redish ones) and I was getting some takes and hook ups but didn't land a single one. Amateur hour in the SE corner of pass lake was in full session.

Later in the day (probably 6:30, but who knows) the surface activity really picked up so I started throwing some plain old adams since they looked a lot like the hatch that was enjoying a free ride on my boat. Caught the first brown of my life on the surface after a few casts:

brown.png

After the brown I had no more strikes for a bit despite a good number of swirls all around me. I threw on an intermediate poly leader to fish the adams just below the surface and it was game on. Slow random strips and I was getting into some fish.

Another guy rowed up when he was on his way to the launch and helped me out even more. I noticed he had it pretty dialed in where he was fishing earlier so I was glad he came by. He gave me more tips than I can remember, threw me some flies, and helped me understand why I was probably missing a lot of fish just a few hundred yards away from him.

Anyways, the whole purpose of this post was that I'm going to be out there as much as possible so if you see a blue scadden with yellow/tie-dyed oars come say hello. I trade beer for fishing advice.

1 over par in the morning 1 brown trout in the evening. Pretty sweet day.

2. Patrick Allen

Patrick Allen Active Member

Did you get the oars to work?

golfman44 likes this.
  3. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Yes sir they are dynamite. I trimmed them a bit more after the first adjustment and they are money now. I can fly around that lake. Taking red's class this Sunday for rowing/fishing from a boat then I'll be good to go for the sno/sky/yak hopefully. They make rowing my dad around a lot less work haha. Thanks again for them!

Patrick Allen likes this.
  4. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Media:
    If I am fishing with someone, and I come say hello, you might think your reflection is coming right at you. I'd be in a blue Scadden Assault XX with the tie-dyed oars.:eek: If I'm solo, a blue Watermaster. I'll be at Lone or Pass on Wednesday unless something unexpected comes up.

Nice report and pic. Appreciate your post.

5. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

One over par??? I'd say your golf game is in decent shape. My jeep is packed. Looks like Pass tomorrow, unless I keep driving...hmmm...

6. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Media:
    All the days I have fished with you I have never EVER seen you packing beer. Splane yourself.

7. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Damn we are twins. Same exact setup. Sending you a PM.

I've played wayyyyyy too much golf in my life. Not that that is a bad thing.

Good luck tomorrow let me know how it goes, hoping to get out there Thursday.

Hiking with Fireball is easier than beer. Boat solves that.

8. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

desprite times call for desprite measures