Pass Sunday Feb 12th 2012

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Irafly, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,108 / 1
    Even though it looks like the weather is taking a down turn, I have a window to fish Sunday. Anybody else gonna make it?

Ira..
  2. bamboo2041 New Member

Federal Way, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Can't do it, it's Lincolns birthday. Besides, I think my wife is dragging me the the garden show. Someone please shoot me!
    Charles
  3. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    It is possible. I'm helping my wife with a garage sale Saturday, so I will probably be owed time for good behavior! While we have been on Pass at the same time a couple times, we've never met and I would like to fish with you! Rick
  4. Irafly Active Member

I'll be in my green spring creek pram most likely anchored trying out my new 10' echo ion 6wt with 20+ feet of leader and an indicator.

Ira..
  5. guitarfisher Jeff W.

SLC, UT
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    "...my new 10' echo ion 6wt"

You dog! ;) Good on ya Ira. I'm interested in Sunday. Keep an eye open for my gray Buck's Bag quad - you know the one...
  6. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,307 / 4
    I've been sick as hell the past few days since my last trip up there but as long as I'm feeling better I will probably be there with my son
  7. Cruik Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +142 / 0
    I have the same rod. Seems like it would be a little much for Pass lake fish, but it might be the perfect rod for 20+ foot leaders.
  8. WABOWMAN Active Member

Port Townsend,WA
    Ratings: +31 / 0
    You got sick too!
  9. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +286 / 0
    I thought getting sick was something you did to get out of work.....so you could go fishing.

Whats wrong with you people? :clown:
  10. Paul Potter Member

Westport, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Ira,
    Not going Jim Wallace's way this weekend, so I will see you there. Mid-morning. Blue pontoon boat.
  11. jason.allen Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    Ill be there Saturday, possibly sunday. Taking a buddy there for his first time fly fishing. 2nd time ever fishing.
  12. Steve Kokita FISHON206

Burien, Washington
    Ratings: +147 / 0
    Going south to fish....good luck Ira!
  13. Irafly Active Member

Pass is north of me Steve.
  14. Mark Horwath Member

everett wa.
    I going to try and make it up that way, do you need a to go pass to fish loan lake?
  15. Bert Registered Potamophile

Everett, WA
    Ratings: +38 / 0
    Pass Lake newbie, here. But I got three yesterday trolling the west edge with a black Seal Bugger and golden olive Carey Bugger. Started at 2pm but most of the action was in the twilight after sunset. Saw one other boat.
  16. Irafly Active Member

Mark you can either take the mukilteo ferry or drive around Pass lake to make it to Lone. If you are in Everett it is much better to take the ferry if you want to fish Lone.
  17. Mark Horwath Member

everett wa.
    I'm sorry Ira, do you need a state park pass now to fish loan? I know you need one for pass, a togo pass. Mark:
  18. Irafly Active Member

Nope, at lone your regular pass will do.
  19. Paul Potter Member

Westport, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Go today, Jason, if you can. Weather will be better for a newbie this afternoon; rain starts tomorrow about 3PM.
  20. Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,264 / 1
    Hit Pass today between 10:00 and 3:30. Weather started out windy and it seemed to change direction every few minutes. Settled down nicely in the afternoon.

End up with nine fish to hand as well as a handful of misses.
    All my fish came from 16-18 feet of water. Fish were in nice shape and pretty active after hook up with several jumping multiple times. Seemed everytime I moved I hooked up then it would go dead. It really died off for me after 2:00 or so.

Best fly today was a red thread body, silver wire and white bead.
    Also got fish on a snocone, brown with red butt and a micro brown San Juan worm. I didn't see one bug schuck or hatch all day but did see two fish rise. The few fish I pumped had lots of Daphnia, one bloodworm and one minnow or shiner.

Nice day on the water overall. Here are a couple pics from today.