Pass Sunday Feb 12th 2012

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Irafly, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Thanks for the report Stone. Sounds like a good time on the water. My son and I will be on the six thirty port Townsend boat. Thankfully I am finally feeling human again. We'll be in my aluminum pram. Anyone who turns out be sure to cruise on over and say hi.

2. WABOWMAN

WABOWMAN Active Member

I hope you all have a great day!!!!! I would have loved to be there with you,but had prior commitments.Good day and tight lines!!!

3. Nick Clayton

For anyone coming up the island highway twenty is closed due to a fatality wreck just a mile or so before the pass. Told it could be a couple hours. Were gonna wait it out for now since we already paid for the damn ferry

4. Mark Yoshida

Mark Yoshida Active Member

Ha, wouldn't you know it, I thought it would be unfishable so I went to RSL where it was flat calm.
    Drizzled a little, and only caught a few. I just don't know how to read the forecasts for that lake.
    Was it in the range of 13-16 mph as they said?

5. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Dude that sucks! I'm about to walk out the door of my mother in laws and drive the whole four minutes to the lake. Good luck and I'll see you later.

6. Nick Clayton

I hope you don't have to cross the pass. I guess the wreck is right on the bridge. This blows!! I can almost cast a line to the lake from here

7. Nick Clayton

Great day on the water although my time was shortened due to sitting on the highway for three hours. Finally got on the water around noon I think. We didn't slay em by any means but we got some fish. Caught em on Leeches and micro buggers. Leeches casting/stripping and the micro buggers under indicator near the bottom. After the late start it was just nice to be on the water with good company. (The fatality this morning was sure a grim reminder to enjoy these times). My son managed to stick his first fish on an indicator which I thought was ultra cool. He also scored the biggest fish for our boat with a gorgeous 18" bow not long before we called it a day. Lots of fun with great company of my son, Ira nearby and Jeff ( great to meet you Jeff)

8. WABOWMAN

WABOWMAN Active Member

sounds like a good day other than the wait.But sometimes it takes those kinds of things to remind us of the important things.Today it was spending the day with your son.So many parents dont take the time anymore!!

9. WABOWMAN

WABOWMAN Active Member

Just saw the accident on the news.A trooper was trying to pull a guy over when he ran from the trooper.He hit a wall and was ejected and the chasing trooper ran him over!

10. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Slow start in the morning. I was also stopped in the traffic about two blocks from the launch. I was able to pull my boat down a gap in the vegetation to start fishing and I then watched the traffic for the next two and a half hours while I landed five and missed a couple others. Each of those fished felt that much better thinking about the traffic and the issues others were having to deal with.

When the traffic cleared the fishing picked up and I ended up landing about ten more and missing six or more takes on four different patterns all between 15 to 18 feet under an indicator. The Echo Ion cast well but was a bit stiff while fighting fish.

Again nice to fish with Nick, his son and Jeff, it was also nice to meet Jay again.

11. Jay C

Jay C Active Member

Good to see you guys out on the lake. I had fun out there, but still trying to figure things out. Maybe I was not deep enough. Next time I see you out there Ira, I'll be sure to swing by and find out what is working.
    Jay

12. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

Double digits on a winter day. Nice work guys. There are a few things I miss about living on the west side . . .

13. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Yeah, Winter is the new Spring don't you know!

Jay, and anyone else for that matter, feel free to stop by, say hi, swap ideas and ask advice if I'm doing well, don't be shy because I can guarantee you that when you are doing better than me I'll be bumming ideas off of you to the best of my, my home brew, and my flasks ability. :)

14. jason.allen

jason.allen Member

I was out there yesterday too. I took my buddy fishing for the first time. He had a fish on within the first 5 minutes but didnt land him. I am pretty sure he is hooked. I am excited to have a new fishing buddy. I caught two fish the 4 hours we were out there. One was about 10 feet from my pontoon boat and I was able to see the fish coming up to take the leech. I thought for sure I was going to lose him as I was almost at the leader when he struck. It was a nice fat 16"-18" rainbow.

15. Thanks for the Pass reports guys :) I'm thinking of hitting Pass or Lone for my birthday weekend (38 March 1st ) , so your great reports gives me a good idea of how these lakes are fishing... Have fun out there and catch lots of fish guys & gals :D

Regards,

Will

16. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Wilburrrr, go east if you can that weekend for the basin opener. Although pass may fish just as well if not better than lenice an d nunnally.

17. WABOWMAN

WABOWMAN Active Member

We have the exact same birthday....I will be 38 too!

18. Nice, some fine folks were born in march...and seems I know many of them ;)

Ira, Don't think I will be able to get to the eastside...have my GF's kids that weekend, Birthday party for me and my GF's son, and have to take them home on sunday eve.....Which seems to leave me with local lakes as my option... I'm hoping to make it out to Lone, but may wind up on Martha Lake off of 164th near Mill Creek. It's been too long sing I have been fishing, I need to get my line wet ;)

Regards,

Will

19. guitarfisher

guitarfisher Jeff W.

Will,

Word of advice: Check the regs. Martha on 164th (Alderwood) is closed until last Saturday in April. I'd suggest Blackman's in Snohomish or one of the other year-round lakes in the local area...

20. Jeff,

Thanks for that heads up, I had heard other guys talk about the Mar 1st opener.... assumed that was for all lakes... my mistake. I would like to think that I would have caught that when I looked through the regs to see what the lake rules are, usually a few days before heading out.

Regards,

Will