PASSED out from Pass Lake.... all day event!

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chef, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Loren needs to learn patience!
  2. Joe Smolt Member

Bothell, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +9 / 0
  3. Roby New Member

Sedro Woolley, WA
    Yea we will have to teach him that so we can all stay out on the water all day long.

Roby
  4. Loren Jensen Active Member

Sedro-Woolley, Washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    god damn that wind was nuts. i wish i could have kept my cool and stayed out there longer, but the main reason for the trip was to pick up chef's renzetti, which i love to death. i can't thank him enough for practically giving it away to me. gonna be out there next sunday, i'm sure i'll either post in the swap's thread for that trip or make my own thread.
  5. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +898 / 1
    Sorry, not buying it. From what I've heard folks from the clubs who first supported the lake as a fly only just wanted to keep off the riff raff and/or keep it traditional. Who the hell drops there battery over? No ban on fish finders that run on the battery or the battery, just the motor.

I don't need my electric motor out there but that argument is also weak at best. I also don't need my pram, my full sink, my anchors, my indicators my etc... but each makes for a better fishing experience and if I could fish with my electric I would and I don't believe that I would be hurting the fishing in the least and I'm still not convinced otherwise. With that I don't fish my electric and I don't complain I just believe that rules should make logical sense.

Ira..
  6. Trout Master Active Member

Ira, alittle fired up about it?
  7. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +163 / 5
    Asking a lot from a Gov't agency aren't you?? :beathead:
  8. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Loren: I should have said "you dont get the vise until you have fished 6 hours".

:)
  9. Loren Jensen Active Member

Sedro-Woolley, Washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    actually you should have..next time i'll be out there for a while
  10. Irafly Active Member

Nope, I just don't think the rule makes sense, doesn't mean I don't follow it I'm sure there are laws/rules that you also don't believe make sense but I bet you follow them anyway. They probably don't even fire you up, they just are what they are.

I'd love to be wrong about the Pass lake motor thing but as of yet, I've not heard a viable reason for the electric ban that actually made any sense.

You're right Islander, I am asking a lot but I don't think it will stop me from asking.

Ira..
  11. Trout Master Active Member

Ira, I dont know why they have that rule in place. But I have noticed that all of the fly only lakes that I have fished are no motor rules. And of course I follow every rule and law out there!!!! .....................not!
  12. Zane Wyll Member

anacortes, WA.
    Ira come up and I will row your ass for the inside scope on your chroni madness no motor needed. pm me for #
  13. Irafly Active Member

I'm still looking at the calendar for a date, but I plan on doing a free chironomid class. Not that I'm willing to claim that I'm an expert, but I have patterns that work and I think I have enough knowledge to be dangerous. One day tying and info, the next day out on the lake fishing. I'm thinking that Pass might just be the lake I'll fish on for it. Most likely looking at the end of March.

Ira..
  14. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +219 / 0
    Ira, guys learning this stuff don't need the world's foremost authority, they need a good teacher. That's you!

It's stuff like this that makes this little community something special...I say do it for sure :thumb:
  15. Zane Wyll Member

anacortes, WA.
    I am in Ira just let me know when. You can use my office for the tying and teaching part. Its in Anacortes
  16. Camo Clad Warrior Member

Sedro-Woolley,WA
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Sorry i didnt make it out chef. Although i want it to be known that a few of us are going to be ther sunday the 27th(hopefully the lake isnt frozen). Most of us are showing up as a small gathering for my sucky swap that took plack. If any of you guys would like to join us it would be sweet...
  17. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    no problem Nick. Loren stayed out for only 22.5 minutes. :)

I might be out there Sunday. We will see. I plan to fish saturday.
  18. Camo Clad Warrior Member

Sedro-Woolley,WA
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Hopefully we can get rid of some of this snow and the lake isnt frozen.
  19. VoglerLake Michael Hayes

Vogler Lake
    It would be a county ordnance as the county controls the surface on behalf of the state.
  20. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Michael: neat little website. Will need to go there sometime this year.