Patriotic Fly

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Jerry Daschofsky, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +689 / 5
    I tie up a bunch of different patriotic flies. Tie up a TON of durable hairwings for soldiers overseas. Well, my kids wanted some tied for their teachers. Mostly my daughter did at first, because her husband is in Iraq as we speak. Then, once my son found out, he wanted one for his teacher as well. Well, when it rains it pours. I decided to go balls to the wall and do a simple built wing atlantic as something special for them (since they both were excellent teachers and treated my kids well). They both loved them. Only problem, my girlfriend saw them, and she wanted one. I was out of pins, so she sacrified the one she already had (just a simple hairwing in colors she wanted). Exactly like the other two I had already made. So here it is.
  2. gotchasr Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Beautiful! No more needs to be said.
  3. spanishfly Steelberg

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    That is an awesome looking fly!
  4. lcconrad New Member

That is a great looking fly.
  5. mat1226 Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    Get ready to be one busy fellow. You could do nothing but tie that fly for the next year if you chose to.

Mark
  6. Oneweight Member

Seattle, Washington.
    Jerry,

that is incredible....makes a fish want to stand up and salute!
  7. Bright Rivers Member

Bellevue, WA, USA.
    Like the songs says... "It's a Grand Ole Fly"

I wish I could tie like that.:thumb
  8. Bogie New Member

Absolutely beautiful.
  9. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +689 / 5
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I think I'd get a bit cranky tying a ton of those up. LOL. I do tie up quite a few on brooch pins, but mostly hairwings/speys.

Luckily, the ones I give to servicemen/women overseas are a bit more durable. I usually tie them with hairwings and not as flashy. That way they hold up to winds, use, etc. A pin like above is more for casual wear, or just to display.