PCT : Here I come

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Dustin Bise, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

Well, I just got the awesome news that I am gonna be workin on the PCT this summer!! I am super excited to spend the season sweating my ass off in mosquito infested thunderstorms! But no seriously, I am gonna be doing my second americorp volunteer term on a back country trail crew. It has been a long time finding a job, but my patience paid off and I will be working @ my number 1 choice!

I will be based out of northern cali part of the summer, and trout lake washington the rest. As of now I dont have a laptop but i hope to get one. Any1 down to chase steel on the small glacialy pissed river this summer? it looks like my work schedule is 8 on, 4 off, so i should have plenty of time to fish too!

Just wanted to post this cuz im super stoked on the whole thing, so if u are in the position I was in just hold ur head high and keep after it, eventually ur har work will turn into much harder work! peace!

2. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

Way to go Dustin! Congrats on finally landing a job. Sweet one, too.
    Best of luck!
    :thumb:

3. Jason Shutt

Jason Shutt Dues past due

That sounds like a sweet gig, enjoy! This calls for a beer.

4. Snake

Snake tryin' not to get too comfortable

Kudos (BIG PROPS) to you!!

Volunteering (a second time!) for conservation-based programs, rather than pursuing the all-mighty dollar?

You're a hero of the first degree, in my book.

Have an awesome summer. The skills and knowledge and friendships you will acquire will stay with you forever.

And you are correct: Hard work pays off, and can be it's own reward. When it morphs into an unexpected good opportunity, double bonus!!

5. Jim Henderson

Jim Henderson Member

Bustin Dice,
    Sounds like you should have a great summer!
    Hats off to you for your work with americorp.
    You might even come across some good wilderness trout water on the south side of Mt Adams.
    Jim H