Peninsula: Split a Spey trip 12\14

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by JesseC, Dec 7, 2012.

1. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +773 / 0
    Who wants to go fishing?

Anyone want to split a trip 12/14 with Caleb on the OP? He's one of Kerr's good buddies. probably the best spey guide along with jim on the OP. I book him once a year in the beginning of the season to get the rust off and re-key my eyes to productive water and technique

drop me a pm if you're free!

90% swinging 10% nymphing between runs
  2. nutsack angler newb

Dedmonds, WA
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    Here is a plug for Caleb...

Only met the guy a couple times, never fished with him but know people who have and he has it down. Born and raised in Forks, WA. Last April we put in ahead of him and evidently missed 10 fish so... We suck, Caleb doesn't
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,506 / 9
    I'm sure if Jim and Caleb are cool then all would be fine. My problem is the title lists 12\14 and the text 12/14. Then you talk about percentages. That whole slash inconsistency has me sketched out about you big time. I doubt we could fish together and get along at all. It's not you really, and your uncertainty of which slash to use. It's me, really it is.
  4. The Duke Been around

Des Moines, WA
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    Haha. Nice work Ed. I noticed that backwards slash as well. It's not that I wouldn't go fishing with you Jesse, it's just that I owe you a bottle of scotch from the Snoqualmie pass heads up, and that would push me over my financial limit for the weekend.

Best of luck to you on your trip.
    JesseCFowl likes this.
  5. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Spot is taken :)
  6. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    That guy Caleb is a pretty damn good dude. Had a good day on the water with Freestoneanlger. We even got to see the sun by some miracle. I learned a lot - unlearned a lot of bad habits as well. I used to get bummed out in the winter in the PNW - now I can barely wait for the rain.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Watched the flows from my office today. Looked like perfectly falli g into place. Nicely done.
  8. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Hard to take any credit on a guide day - but we learned a lot that gives me a lot more confidence for tomorrow and days afterward. That's what it's all about for me.

Lets get you out of that office sometime soon Ed!
  9. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    I need to escape for a few days.
  10. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Nice chrome brat Jesse! Maybe I will see you out there this weekend, on my way in about 6 hours with Courtesy Flush Sean.
  11. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Been raining pretty DAMN hard. Maybe it'll push the fish to the edges :)
  12. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +791 / 1
    +1 on Caleb. A great guide and spey cast repairman. By midday, I was in reasonable form but was thankful the morning fog shrouded them from seeing me exorcise my demons :eek:
    Note location of Jesse's rod in frames 5 & 6... Caleb also gets credit for that save when the hook was removed!
    IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0695.JPG IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0700.JPG IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0702.JPG
    JesseCFowl and Steffan Brown like this.
  13. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Man, the weather forecast looked so brutal out there we stayed local and hit up the Skagit. no steel love, but a few nice bulls to keep things interesting.
    JesseCFowl likes this.
  14. Achilles Member

Washington
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Do us all a favor and warn us before posting a fish that bright, hurt my eyes.... Need to wear sunglasses next time.
    JesseCFowl likes this.