Penny Brite

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Be Jofus G, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    In response to the PMs. This is not my pattern, just my interpretation. as far as I know it's close to the original, except I didn't have any superfloss. and I tie using both brass tag ends instead of just the front. I like the xtra weight. the hooks a targus 200 #18

View attachment 35442
    Lay down a THIN threadbase. Wrap brass wire from the eye to the butt leaving 3-5 inch tags on each end.
    View attachment 35443
    Wrap the thread forward, tie off, and cut off.
    View attachment 35444
    Use the butt brass tag to add a rib. Tie in a couple strands of peacock herl with the butt end brass wire.
    View attachment 35445
    Wrap the herl and tie off with the front brass tag. Tie in some z-lon with the front brass tag.
    View attachment 35446
    Trim and you're done.
  2. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +322 / 0
    Sweet. I was wondering but didn't ask. Thanks man
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,223 / 9
    BJG, how did you pull off the paper towels turning into the army field manual? I need to see it again a bit slower please. Great fly. I'm gonna try that one. Thank you.
  4. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    :rofl: :rofl: I wish i had a camera recording me taking that pic. :rofl::rofl: It took me 15 min to get my camera to focus on a # 18 fly and then I realized "Shit You can't see the z-lon with the paper towel background". The FM and a quart of quaker state were all that were in reach without moving my camera arm. :rofl: Looked like a monkey fooking a doorknob trying to pull that one off.
  5. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +322 / 0
    BJG - After you tie in the z-lon, what do you do for a head? Or I should ask, in the finished fly, is there a turn or 2 of brass behind the eye?
  6. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Yes, 2 turns of brass.