Penny Brite

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Be Jofus G, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

In response to the PMs. This is not my pattern, just my interpretation. as far as I know it's close to the original, except I didn't have any superfloss. and I tie using both brass tag ends instead of just the front. I like the xtra weight. the hooks a targus 200 #18

View attachment 35442
    Lay down a THIN threadbase. Wrap brass wire from the eye to the butt leaving 3-5 inch tags on each end.
    View attachment 35443
    Wrap the thread forward, tie off, and cut off.
    View attachment 35444
    Use the butt brass tag to add a rib. Tie in a couple strands of peacock herl with the butt end brass wire.
    View attachment 35445
    Wrap the herl and tie off with the front brass tag. Tie in some z-lon with the front brass tag.
    View attachment 35446
    Trim and you're done.

2. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Sweet. I was wondering but didn't ask. Thanks man

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

BJG, how did you pull off the paper towels turning into the army field manual? I need to see it again a bit slower please. Great fly. I'm gonna try that one. Thank you.

4. Be Jofus G

:rofl: :rofl: I wish i had a camera recording me taking that pic. :rofl::rofl: It took me 15 min to get my camera to focus on a # 18 fly and then I realized "Shit You can't see the z-lon with the paper towel background". The FM and a quart of quaker state were all that were in reach without moving my camera arm. :rofl: Looked like a monkey fooking a doorknob trying to pull that one off.

5. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

BJG - After you tie in the z-lon, what do you do for a head? Or I should ask, in the finished fly, is there a turn or 2 of brass behind the eye?

6. Be Jofus G

Yes, 2 turns of brass.