Picnic Point

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Greg78, Jul 18, 2007.

1. snbrundage

snbrundage Member

Greg78, New to the Board,

When I started in the salt a couple of years ago I bought Les Johnson's Searun Cuthroat book, and took his advice about Manning's book. Preston turned you on to it earlier. I feel like their advice about the book was tatamount to being given the location of the holy grail. I bought my copy at the mountaineers and they asked me if I wanted the newer version. I said no but it lead me to believe that it is in print under a different name.

You asked for a spot around Richmond Beach. Why not fish Richmond beach (when there are not too many people around)? It is not a bad spot and people catch fish there. Meadow point might be better for fish and cameraderie.

If fish and cameraderie are not are not prerequisite, then I will tell you and about my favorite secret place to fish. Go to Richmond Beach. At low tide walk the beach the short mile South to Boeing Creek and fish there. At high tide you will have to walk the tracks, so don't take children. At the creek you can go through the tunnel and explore up the creek. At low tide, there form large tide pools, and I have watched Eagles standing in the pools, and fishing them from the trees above. Some people walk down there from Richmond Beach and also down from the houses above, but in the times I have been there I was usually alone and felt like Merriwether Lewis. I often see fishermen in boats in close to shore, I have never seen another shore fisherman there. I have asked shore fishermen if they ever go there. No one has said they have fished there. Very few say they have heard of Boeing Creek, or have an idea of where it is. The only fish I caught there were sculpins.

I am very curious about whether any other beach fishermen on the board go there.

SB

2. Greg78

Greg78 Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

I ordered the book from Amazon and hope to get it in a few days. Thanks for tip, i will have to try it out in the next couple of weeks. I am going up to PP tomorrow...i'll check the tide charts and see what the best time will be.

Cheers!

Greg

3. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    SB, i live right up the road from r.beach and have fished it since i moved here in feb. of last year, i fish it with the 2 hander now,the catch is definitely not consistent, but i have caught cutts and cojo there. ive only run into 1 other guy, throws blades and lil buzzbombs. he does well. i laughed in the winter when the kite boarders are looking at ya like huh? and im like at them like huh? at least i wont get blownaway to whidbey is. :) i heard they had a lil salt jamboree out here with the likes of steve raymond, and lots of other salt guru's. anyone go?

4. snbrundage

snbrundage Member

Bhudda,

Yes, I've watched the kite boarders launch at Richmond Beach and land next to me at Meadow Point after commanding the sound and doing what they will, going where they want, for several minutes. That, in winds too hard to fish comfortably, and them complaining that the winds were under twenty miles per hour. Christ Almighty, one would have to have a heart of stone not to marvel at them, marvel more than even at the whales.

Bhudda, have you gone down to Boeing creek from Richmond Beach? Watchu tink, is that worth the hike for the purposes of fishing? It is invalueable to me simply for the experience.

Steve

5. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

I've walked it a couple times. It's worth the hike.

Leland.