Pimp your gas grill

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by IveofIone, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I have the charbroil stainless bbq on my back deck. It's about 3 years old and I don't have any problems with it. It's the model with the ceramic grills (instead of the metal ones). It's worked flawless for me (and I do ALOT of bbq'ing with it). Like Ive (think it was Ive who said it) I simply take soaked wood chips and put them into heavy aluminum foil. I then sprinkle some dry chips on top of those soaked ones and fold the foil. I simply poke holes in the top. My BBQ has 4 burners with heat diffusers over each burner. I toss the pouch on the far left burner and let the other 3 stay off (good BBQ means indirect heat). I let the smoker start up and once the smoke starts billowing out I toss in whatever I plan to BBQ. What's cool, my BBQ came with the grills designed to remove just one that sits over a single burner so you can BBQ with it. I was on vacation last week, and slow BBQ'd about 40#'s of ribs. Family had a hayday with them (including the homemade cornbread I made with it).

I have quite a few portable grills. Getting rid of alot of old ones and upgrading to all new (well, keeping one of my original 3 burner yukon and misc accessories). Nice thing I love about the grills I work with, I can toss them into a back section of my camper or keep a 2 burner with misc accessories in my driftboat and use on a quick shorelunch.

2. SunkenMonkey

SunkenMonkey New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

That is the most awsome grill I have ever seen:thumb:

Now if it were only a charcoal grill life would be perfect.