Pinkfest 2011

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Steve Saville, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

I'm ready to send out the invitation to those of you who want to take part. I will be hosting the Pinkfest on Sunday, August 14th at my family's property in Dash Pt. That should be a prime day for the fish. High tide is at about 5:45 A.M. which means obviously that we would fish the outgoing tide until about noon and so on. I will be forced to limit the number of participants to about 25 as we are now in the process of renting the property through VRBO and we have clients but that day is open.

I'd like to have a BBQ for sure and perhaps we could exchange some flies. My thoughts would be that instead of a formal fly swap, everyone might bring a handful of proven pink salmon flies and we could trade them around. Sadly if more than 25 of us hit the beach, the neighbors might get the wrong idea, even though there is a lot of room.

If everyone brings a side dish of food, I'll provide burgers and buns as well as the BBQ. I think more could attend if we all didn't hit the beach at the same time. Parking will be at a premium around there, especially that week.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing you guys and Bob Jones will be there! :rofl:

2. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I would definitely be interested in coming out. I could bring a side, beverages, whatever. I don't really tie flies anymore, but I'd love to contribute in any other fashion.

3. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Steve:

I would like to attend your event. I was disappointed that I was unable to be there in 2009. I have never meet Bob Jones and would enjoy sharing each others memories of trips in the high Sierra Nevada mountains around the Bishop area. Hope that Les Johnson would be able to again attend this year's event.

I can bring some tube pink salmon flies plus some kind of food depending on what you might need.

Roger

4. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Count me in if I can get off. I will also bring something good to eat as well as some poppers to try.

Leland.

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    I'm so IN.

6. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

I love to be included! I'll bring side dishes, (TBD) and would entertain carpooling with anyone from the north!
    Thanks, Chris

7. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Media:
    I sadly have another event that weekend and won't be able to make it :(
    I really enjoyed our fly swap you hosted there a while back, and will be thinking of you fishy bums while I'm at my soon to be sister-in-law's wedding. I'm sure some other lucky sap will gladly take my place though! :)

I know ya'll have a great time.

8. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Media:
  9. Dylan D

Dylan D Member

Media:
    Steve - I'd love to add my name to the list. Thanks for the generous offer, will be great fun!

10. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Media:
    Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Thanks Steve I'm going to like meeting those who I've talked to and read of so I better be there if that is part of your sceme. It's really something to be some one others would want to see, but I think that my getting to see them is the big deal. I'll specially be glad to see the Johnsons again Les and Carol and Leland is always a hit too. Roger and I have corresponded and he's given out some great info that I 'm wanting to use some day. and the many others that will be there will make my day. I may even get some flies tied but not any that are proven from being fished before as I've only watched the pink fisheremen in the Puyallup river and that was quite the comedy show but I didn't see any fish caught. I''m looking forward to being able to fish up there again also so for me it's winning situation. Thanks again to all of you that have become friends these passed years and I'm looking forward to meeting again. Bob

11. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Media:
    Hi Steve-

If there's still room, I'm in.

Many thanks!

Thomas

12. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Media:
    Home Page:
    I would enjoy meeting some more folks from the site and sharing food and flies.

13. Jason Shutt

Jason Shutt Dues past due

Media:
    This sounds rad, but...

I will finally be on a backcountry trip that I read about in Northwest Fly Fishing some time back. Otherwise, I would certainly be in.

14. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
  15. nb_ken

nb_ken Active Member

If there's room, I'd take a spot.

16. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

So far 13 people have responded with a "yes." I'll PM all of you but I have to go to school. One and a half days left and I'm free until the Monday after Pinkfest! Yesssssss!!!!! Glad to have all of you coming. It should be fun.

17. mr. bad example

mr. bad example Member

Me.............

18. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Media:
    Steve, If theres room I'd love to attend.

19. John Dougher

John Dougher Member

Steve,
    If you still have room, I'd like to attend.
    Thanks,
    John

20. Swoff

Swoff Member

Hey Steve, chatted with you a few times about Brown's Point and fishing the pinks/coho's around there. I'm just getting back into fly fishing after taking about 15 years off to raise my girl. I'm finding that I really didn't know a hill o' beans about it before....just went out and threw flies around (all dry flies....ignorant). If there's a spot open I'd love to come and meet some of these folks that have already taught me much. I don't need to fish and can bring food of some kind....maybe smoke some meat or a side. If there's room great, if not I don't want to take a spot that someone else would deserve more. I'll hang out on our beach around the corner and listen for the party :)