Pinkfest 2011

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Steve Saville, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Steve:

I probably will be bringing my boat but there would only be room for one other fly fisher preferably a right hand caster since I cast left handed. I will be launching at the Pt. Defiance ramp and could meet someone there or at your beach.

Roger

2. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Folks, we're over the number I wished for. I hate to turn anyone away. We have room if you aren't fishing or if you have a boat. It's quite a hike up to the top, by the way. The neighbor has 157 steps on a stairway. Parking is at a premium so you'll have to hike about a city block in. You can drive in and drop off but the parking is reserved for folks who need to be close in like Les Johnson who needs his van close. I can't clog the cul`de sac because there are three others on the drive. The grounds will handle the people but I have only five tables and twenty chairs and the bathroom facilities become a problem beyond the twenty-five. At this point, I have to shut off the invitation for the sake of the beach. I hope you guys understand. We're busting at the seams.

3. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

Media:
    Steve, love to come as well

4. Steve Saville

We're over but you can always come.

5. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Media:
    Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Steve I don't have to fish and certainly can't clmb the stairs. so i can stay up top. a few of us could bring chairs that would help.

6. nb_ken

nb_ken Member

I'm gonna back out and ease the pressure on the seams. Sounds like a ton of fun, but I understand all about neighbors and parking and such. Thanks for the invite. Maybe another time.

7. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Dang! Missed out on this one. Maybe next year Steve.

8. [WR]

[WR] Member

ok, gotta ask. besides the obvious color of pink, what other colors and pattern suggestions would you all have for someone who's never cast a fly to a pink salmon? been looking at squid patterns, some streamers, etc, but not sure what works.

9. Just got back from Neah Bay and the pinks are around close and making their way towards us. We got tired or hooking them as our sights were on their Coho and King brethren. Give it a month here and we'll be thick into them. Gotta start filling up my pink fly box!

10. Steve Saville

I read your post. I'm just returned from a week in Mexico, flailing for Dorado.. Let's put it this way. My arms are tired from all the fish and big ones, too.

11. Jim Riggins

Jim Riggins Member

Count me in Steve, thanks Jim

12. Steve Knapp

Steve Knapp Beach Bum

Media:
    I have gotta bail as well guys, ended up having to work. Have fun guys.

13. Steve Saville

Sorry to miss you. Maybe next time.

14. Michael K. Smith

Michael K. Smith New Member

Hey Steve:

If you still have openings I'd love to attend! I've got a motorcycle so I can park anywhere, and I would be happy to tie up some flies for everyone as my bring-to gift! Please let me know if there are still slots available.

Mike

15. Baseball_Junkie

Baseball_Junkie Fish Witcher

Steve,

I would like to attend if you still have an opening. PM me.

Thanks,
    Aaron

16. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I also need to withdraw as it looks like I'll be headed to Idaho searching for trouts with my kids.

Have fun guys!

17. Steve Saville

Sorry to see you guys have to pass but there will be other times. Kids come first.

18. Benjy

Benjy Active Member

Media:
    Does that mean I didn't make the cut? I don't mind walking a couple of blocks.

19. Steve Saville

Okay. Here's the information on the Pinkfest. I currently have about 27 people not counting myself which is about what I had expected. The Pinkfest will be Sunday, August 14th at my family's property in Dash Point. It's a high bank property with access to the beach about one walking block. What I have in mind is a BBQ sometime beginning around 1:00 P.M. and lasting 5-6 hours as you like. There are no outside lights so as dusk comes, we will break up.

Parking is very limited and only Bob Jones and Les Johnson will be parking on site unless there are some special circumstances. I'm asking for everyone to drive in and drop off. Then park up the hill at the school parking lot ( 1 block).

Boat if you choose but tides will be moving all day and you may get beached. I plan to fish early and be at the site by noon or so. If you choose, bring some flies that you can trade as you like. I have planned no formal swap as such but you may want to exchange flies with someone as is the custom. I will have some to exchange if you choose.

This is a BBQ so plan on bringing some food that will serve several people. Salads, main-type dish, or dessert with something to serve it with. If you are a beer drinker, bring a little. If you are a soda drinker, bring a little. This is what I will provide: Burgers, buns, condiments, plates, napkins, cups, and plastic silverware. If you want to BBQ a fish, bring the necessary additives like sauce, rubs , or whatever. I'll have foil and there will be three gas BBQs there. One is very small but will accomodate fish as necessary. I'll also have garbage cans and recycling bins there and would ask that everyone use them faithfully.

Please remember that this is a family owned property and that we have neighbors as well. I'd like this to be a fun experience for everyone.

Directions: The easiet way is to do a Google map search for the address 8604 Eastdide Dr. NE, Dash Point, 98422. This is the neighbor's address and will put you at the head of the driveway. When you get there you can drive in and drop off, then go back out and up the hill to the school parking lot across from the fire station. If you need specific directions, e-mail me at stevesaville@comcast.net.

Here is a list of people who have requested to attend:

Bob Jones Jim Riggins Nick Clayton Roger Stephens Leland Myawaki
    Mumbles Chris Johnson Chris (Topwater) Dylan D Paul Dieter
    Evan Burck Mr. Bad Example Sean K Jim Dougher Swoff
    Jeff Bandy Yellow Lab Denny Jimmy Rob Ast
    Phil217 Ken Cahill Mr. E Banzai Kelvin
    Michael K Smith Baseball Junkie

I think that's everybody. If I missed anyone, PM me but it looks like we are full. I probably won't make another post about this unless something important comes up. Looking forward to seeing you all. Don't forget to introduce yourselves around as we all don't know each other. It should be fun. See you then.

20. Troutrageous

Troutrageous Active Member

That sounds awesome Steve, hats off to you for doing this, and I'm jealous of the folks that will be there.