Pinkfest 2011

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Steve Saville, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    I remember. I also remember how long it took you to recover. When I arrive noonish on Sunday I don't want to have to come looking for you or picking you up after a fall. Do be careful.

I'm all packed up. Ready to roll. I'm going to try to get three days of fishing in this weekend...but I do have to work tomorrow first.

2. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

The fishing has been really good, right at the tide change and close in to the beach. If you time it right, you should get fish. See you Sunday.

3. Thanks to Steve for hosting us today. What a spectacular property and expansive views. I saw 5 fish porpoise and wasn't successful with pink salmon but the bullheads did like my offerings.

4. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Media:
    Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    It was a great day and met or renewed aquaintences with many WFF friends and families. they brought lots of great food besides the burgers from Steve and he barbequed A fresh Pink salmon caught yesterday so we got a taste even if none of us caught one. my sucess was I walked down and back up without having to stop. and thats good for me. It was perfsct weather and temp so we had it easy and the stars of the show were Carol and Les Johnson and all the other members that shared their knowledge and other fun and humorus remarks. Happy fishing Everyone. Thanks for the good times BOB

5. TheHunt

TheHunt Member

Is there going to be some pictures? Sounds like a good time.

6. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Media:
    Home Page:
    I had a good time and it was great to put some names with faces.

obligatory title slide
    [​IMG]

Our Host shows Kelvin some pinkage

[​IMG]

Celebrity Table
    [​IMG]

riff raff
    [​IMG]

Title slide outtake
    [​IMG]

And this? This is just so wrong on so many levels....I blame Leland.
    [​IMG]

7. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Media:
    Home Page:
    Paul, is this offering we found on your line a "hand tied fly". Has this got a name, cause I vote for "blue balled hoochie" if not already designated.
    LOL

[​IMG]

8. Steve Saville

Thanks to everyone who attended and for those of you who were unable, maybe I'll do something again next year. The weather was great, the food was excellent (thanks everyone for sharing) and we had some greatconversations. I am really sorry there were so few fish for you but in the coming weeks, there should be plenty to go around.

Great pictures, Paul, and by the way, there were some items left behind so if you're missing something, PM me so we csn get them back to you.

Thanks especially to those who stayed behind and helped me put everything away. You guys saved me hours of work. See you all on the water!

9. What can I say? I'm now a gear convert and or too lazy to tie pink flies. I've already smoked up 37 lbs of pink salmon that fell for the blue balls special.

10. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Flybill toasting a fun day with the WFFers for the both of us. Thanks Steve!
    View attachment 43521
    Leland.

11. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Amazing time with you all today. Thank you Steve, you are a wonderful host. I hope to see old and new friends again soon.

The left behind Smith sunglasses and Sunday something big billed hat belongs to this forgetful soul. Sorry for leaving my crap at your place.

12. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Media:
    Good times! I was hurting from the night before, and not the only one!

Thank you Steve for letting us enjoy your beautiful house down there.. The walk up almost killed me after fishing, but it was good for me. I caught 5 bullheads, saw tons of bait fish in shallow, a few pinks jumping, couple of seals, a few big jellyfish and had a great time and great food!

It was nice seeing Les, Bob and all the others... even Mumbles! :clown:

Hitting Lincoln Park in the morning, after I shut this computer down and get a bit of rest...

13. Mr.E

Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Hat's off to you Steve for hosting this get together! Thank You

It was great putting faces on the names. It was a pleasure meeting all of you. It was also great seeing Les again.

P Dieter, you found your camera I hope? I launched my Kayak out from the state park and realized I forgot to tell you where I set your bag down.

Met another board member at the state park . We started seeing pinks around peek high tide. I was in the thick of them but sadly no love for me. I did beat Fly Bills only catch though! Hooked into a 12"in starry flounder.

Good times, Wonderful people, Good weather, calm seas..............but no fishies

14. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Media:
    Steve, thanks for having us. I had a good time (even with the hangover). We should do these kind of things more often.

15. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Steve:

Thanks for putting on such a great event! The food, view, and putting faces to WFF names made for a fun afternoon.

It was to good to be able to spend some time talking to Les Johnson. I meet Bob Jones for the first time and it was enjoyable to share our experiences in the high Sierra Nevada mountains. Interestingly it turns out we went to San Francisco bay area high schools that were just a couple of miles apart. I graduated in 1954 and Bob in 1956. Our paths finally crossed on Sunday!

Roger

16. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Media:
    Thanks again Steve for a great time. Nice to see some familiar faces, and put some new faces to familiar names. Great seeing you all.

17. knotabassturd

knotabassturd New Member

Just saw this thread updated, nice to see everyone having a great go of it even if fishing was tough.

Didn't make it there personally but did want to say it is very cool to have Steve step up to host and do the logistics for such an event! And in the midst of summer during a pink run year on a weekend no less.

I may have to try yellowlab's blue ball special. If that doesn't work I may have to try the single malt and cigar now that the photos reveal the secrets of the WWFers (I'm pretty new to the board). :)

Good luck on the water guys.

18. Steve Saville

Things went well. I may step out and do it again but I will give it a rest for a few months. I don't want to make myself a nuisance.

19. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Media:
    Thanks Steve for hosting and cooking, it was it was great to visit with everyone and meeting new people.

20. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Media:
    thanks for hosting steve. great day and got to see a fishery i have heard about but never done.

chris