Playing with the head-cam

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by David Dalan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Media:
    So it was a day of firsts. First time I fished this reach of this river, first time out with the Go Pro HD 3, first time out with the TFO rod I apparently bought 4 years ago, promptly stored and then forgot about. I'm not winning any film making awards, but I have to tell you it was cool as hell to come home and watch the play by play. Not only did I and the kids get a kick out of it, I realize I can analyze "game film" when I return from the river. Just like when I was coaching and competing. I realized, as I watched this, I had no idea exactly where I had cast (and thus where I presented the fly).

Anyway, it was a great day to spend (alone again, I thankfully have not seen another soul on the water in some time).

And I even caught my Conan the barbarian net draw. I keep it in my backpack and yank it out like a sword and pop it open. Quite handy for a fellow who rarely has someone around to work the net. Not that I really needed it this time...but last time I fished a couple of weeks ago, I went for a swim trying to beach a little steelie, so I think I am a bit gun shy for now.

Oh, it's also the first chance I had to swing my "revised" Atomic General pattern (not even hooked on a glo bug or bead...).

Richard Torres and Irafly like this.
  2. David Dalan

Media:
    I think that link should be viewable...shortly...the direct upload pooped (because I am dumb and don't RTFM), and the FB link was junk. Did I mention I work in IT? I hate the internet :p

3. Ben Swaner

Ben Swaner Active Member

Nice work man! We should meet up sometime and fish since we are both WW joes.

4. David Dalan

Media:
    Anytime my man. I'm off until the new year, and I'd be glad to slosh through the water with you. I'm heading afar a couple of times between now and then (your welcome to come along too if your interested). Anyway, shoot me a "Conversation" and we'll figure it out.

5. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

6. Runejl

Runejl Josh

Media:
    Very nice! It appears that Go Pro has worked out the noise issues. Cool video and nice fish.

7. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:
    Not a scenic river in those sections, but nonetheless an interesting one to fish. Now I think I need to check out a Go-Pro so I never have to miss another indicator take again, I could watch it over and over and over again. Droooooool!

David Dalan likes this.
  8. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Media:
    My wife just remarked that the GoPro cameras are "critter-cams" for fishers. Very astute on her part. Nice day for December.

Steve

9. soundflycaster

soundflycaster Member

Cool. Looks like grand fun to me.

10. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Media:
    Nice job David!
    Those cams look like a lot of fun to use. I have a waterproof Canon that I take out with me but it nowhere has the video quality the HD3 has.
    Definitely will be on next years wish list.