Please Help ID this Rod and Info on Repare

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by TonyZ, Oct 2, 2013.

1. I was helping my neighbor clean out his shed and came accross several old rods. He graciously gave me a nice bamboo fly rod I was eyeing. It is in very good shape considering how long it had been stored and I am hoping to bring it back to life. So a bit f help would be requersted;

1. Does anyone know the rod maker based on the attached photo?

The rod is delaminted about 8 inches at the top section. 2. Does anyone have any good links or literature on re-gluing a bamboo rod?

I am comfortable on sanding and re-building it, but I have no idea what to use to bond the delaminated sections back together.

thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Sorry I can't see the photo to help identify the rod. The link appears to be broken on my end. As far as the delamination goes, it isn't that hard to fix. You can take several toothpicks and use them to separate the splines at the point of delimitation. Then use Titebond (I prefer Titebond III) and a brush to distribute the glue between the splines. Then bind the section with cotton string, clean as much of the residual glue as possible, and let it cure for 24 hours. Once the glue has set for about an hour or two, you can remove the string and use a damp cloth to remove the balance of the glue residue. At this point allow the section to cure for a full 24 hours.

If you have any questions or need some guidance, let me know. I see you are in Vancouver as am I.

Jim

3. Thanks for the response. To help With the ID, it has a sticker that says Arrow Rod and a hand label that is partly missing, but says, L..missing letter.MIN missing letter L and 9 1/2'