Pontoon Boats

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by FrogO2, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Hey I am in the market for a new personel pontoon boat.
    I need it for large and small rivers. Can you guys give me reviews on the boats that you have and used in the past and what the good, the bad, and the ugly are for them. Im looking to spend between $500 to $1000. Thanks :thumb

Sorry If I hurt anybodys feelings with my post on the Rocky Ford. I have a better understanding for the humor in this forum now. Just giving you guys a hard time.

2. I've been working on building a hovercraft since my freshman year in high school. Mostly from old tape recorders I've dismantled and some fans I found in my grandmothers basement. Right next to the stack of national geographic magazines. Gotta love those tribal topless chicks. I'm hoping construction will be done by late summer so I can try to flip some of the float tubers on pass lake with my wake. http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/dc/images/thumb.gif

3. Backyard - any coincidence on the timing of your appearance on this board? April first? Cause I 'pity the fool' that tries to trash Chris's fine site...

Sorry to not have any advice Frog, but I have to ask - what the heck does your name mean? I'm familiar with the fishing term 'frog water', but I don't know what 'Frog Oxygen' has to do with fishing. Not that is has to - I'm just curious...:dunno

4. I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Go to www.creekco.com I'll probably get flack over this but what the hey I'm an old man with thick skin.

The closest dealer is in Seattle for me but I don't live in Olympia. The have the 10'ODC for around $565.00 with a few bells and whistles. It's not light as I've seen it blowed u. It's not for packing around.

Jim

5. Thanks Chris

6. Fish till ya drop.Then suck it up and fish the evening hatch.

One more thought on this topic. If you are contemplating using the raft on medium sized streams with any serious white water stretches.....you may be looking for a Cataraft,not a pontoon boat. And the minimum price will be around $2,000 not $500.
    Another thought.....Bucks Bags Broncos are river rated up to around class III I think. They are heavy buggers with heavy gauge stainless steel platforms and oars that feel like lead weights (for a tired old man like myself).Durable though.

7. what does the term frog water mean haven't heard that before.
    I don't know it is something I kind of picked during diving and just hung onto it as a screen since no one else picks it. Diving frog breathing straight oxygen, hardcore (more like drunk).

8. I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Hey you tired old man. Where have you been hiding at. I haven't seem any of you posts lately. Have you been slaying them (fish).

Jim

9. OK - that makes sense now. Frog water is the slower\deeper water when talking SRC, Salmon, and Steelhead fishing generally. For example, SRCs tend to be found in frog water around log jams. Steelhead pass through frog water pretty quick in the summer and may hold her longer in the winter when the water is extremely cold. The most of the lower snoqualmie (below carnation especially) is considered frog water.

10. Come to think of it now I have heard of Frog water. duh!

11. Those are a little on the big side. I need something around 9 feet. I will be in medium streams also.