Pooh's Pond

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Jefffly, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Good on you for not bonking. Those fish can be tough. One more question: does Ken feed his fish, or do his ponds produce enough natural food sources to keep 'em well fed? Thanks.

2. Jefffly

Jefffly The more we know, the less we can learn!

He does feed them but only occasionally he like to fish for them too so if he feeds them to much they would get dependant on the pellets. and yes the Elusive Pellet fly does work!! but you have to hit the water with the fly to stir up the surface to bring on the feeding frenzy!! cheating but I had to try it once just for kicks.

3. Kyle McCurdy

Kyle McCurdy Member

It's quite the show when he does feed them. Lot of fun to watch. I have not been there when he's fed them since I was a kid.

Fluffy egg ball flies work well up there, too. Last time I used one the second it hit the water a fish was right there to snatch it up.

4. sroffe

sroffe Member

Thanks for the information. Nice fish. I'll be over that way next month, maybe I'll check it out.

I was up at a private pond where the owner would feed the fish with pellets. Wow those fish get into a feeding fenzy. Reminds me of coho stirring up a bait ball.

Sam