Port Ludlow Pram Plans??

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by jessejames, Nov 3, 2013.

1. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +348 / 3
    I researched the forum posts in regards to finding plans for this pram. It seemed like there were going to be plans available from the original builder and designer. But I didn't find a place to order them.
    Are there plans available?
    Where?
    How much?
    This is a cool little boat and I would like to build it.
    jesse
  2. Frank R Member

Dearborn, Michigan
    Ratings: +1 / 0
  3. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    Jesse, I'd likely also buy some plans if you find them. Just guessing that whom ever has a workable plan set might not give them away, or would want reproducible remuneration.
    Thanks for continuing the chase.
  4. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    To David Loy "reproducible remuneration." That sounds like a great definition for counterfeit money. lol
    I figured I would have to pay but I don't know if the plans were ever put into a format that was available.
    jesse
  5. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    Jesse
    I'd gladly xerox enough Franklins for the both of us but doubt that would work. Hopefully we find the right guy who knows the right guy that has something beyond markings on a story pole. In the foreseeable future I could clear out garage space and imagine building one or more of these as a retirement hobby. I'm a middling wood butcher and have the tools and clamps, but would be lost without decent plans. So I'd be happy to split any costs you might incur if you get lucky and find Mr. Right.
  6. psycho Active Member

B.C. Canada
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    I would be willing to supply renumeration for plans as well. All that I am lacking is more clamps and they are easy to come by.
  7. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Well folks I heard from Arnie who is the designer of this little beauty of a pram. Here is what the said in a PM to me.
    Hi Jesse,
    Yes, plans are available. I was working on publishing them on Gooogle but my wife wound-up in the hospital with a broken hip.
    I will be happy to print out the 34 page insructions for anyone who will send me a check for 20 dollars to Arnold Koch P.O.Box 65374, Port Ludlow,WA 98365.
    Thanks for your continued interest, Arnie Koch
    Arnie, Today at 8:47 AM Report

I will be sending a money order to Arnie soon so I can get this in my plans to build for next spring fishing.
    Thanks Arnie.
    jesse
  8. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +383 / 0
    That was very nice of Arnie. Arnie, I hope your wife is back on her feet for the holidays.

I have used Ken McMillen's Ludlow boat at Wannacutt and they are a joy to fish out of.
  9. John Weston Member

Ratings: +11 / 0
    he posted to me on the fly fishing forum that I bump up also. so there ya go guys. send him the money and get ta buildin. lets see some new PL boats and see what ya do to em.
    I am still thinkin about it as I do have one that I design as a SoF paddle wheel pram at 8' to fish with. 54" wide at gunnel and 44 at chine. so will see, but yes I would like to build one, a very nice lookin pram.
    JW
  10. Joebe New Member

Millville, MA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I just put my check in the mail. It will be my first attempt boat building. Hopefully I do Mr. Koch's plans justice.
  11. John Weston Member

good on you Joebe. tell us what you think when you get it.
    JW
  12. John Weston Member

any body else going to build one of these?
    JW
  13. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    I am going to mail off my check to Arnie this week and hopefully get one done by Spring opener.
    jesse
  14. Guy Gregory Active Member

Spokane, WA.
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    I sent my check last week.
  15. Guy Gregory Active Member

Spokane, WA.
    The plans arrived. They're very complete, thanks Arnie!
  16. John Weston Member

Guy, now ya need to get to building. post pic.
    Outlaw
  17. Arnie Let's go fly fishing!

Port Ludlow,WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Hi Guy,
    Sorry to say that there is a nistake in the plans on pages 2 and 3 the 15.5" dimensions should be 17.0" inches. Please be advised or you could waste some wood and have a problem.
    Sorry I had to many problems at time of publishing.

Regards, Arnie
  18. Guy Gregory Active Member

Spokane, WA.
    Arnie...
    Many thanks. I've not begun ... But as you know that would a caused a great deal of head scratching...

I appreciate your post, very kind.

Guy
  19. John Weston Member

anybody start one of these yet?
    JW
  20. John Weston Member

Arnie, how does this pram handle the Puget sound? thanks
    JW