Portland area outing?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by wlai, May 21, 2013.

1. wlai Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    I have Saturday free this weekend in Portland area, and wonder if folks have any recommendation on where to try to get on a water. Trying not to go too far so places like Deschutes is out. Any suggestion? Anyplace on the Columbia or Willamette that can be waded? Thx.
  2. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    The Sandy was looking pretty exceptional this weekend. I didn't get to fish it, but I sure dreamed about it.
  3. aplTyler Inept Steelheader

The Evergreen State
    Ratings: +87 / 9
    If you fish the Sandy, go up high. Rumor is there are fish in but the lower river has been slow. The SW Washington tribs have fish in them... low water conditions (and/or Springers in the river) have the Steelhead spooky. The NFL and Kalama are closed to Springer retention/fishing.
  4. tythetier Fish Slayer

WASHOUGAL, WA
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    I know the Washougal is on the rise with all the rain we have been having. It might bring a push of more fish in, but I wont be in town...
  5. aplTyler Inept Steelheader

The Evergreen State
    Ratings: +87 / 9
    Washougal just went from 200 CFS to 4,000 overnight... I'd say that's not going to be a great option until Sunday at the earliest. The EFL has already crested at 2000 and is dropping, the Sandy has crested too!
  6. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    Yeah this rain pretty much fux0rd my plans on having a decent time swinging the Columbia this weekend.
    aplTyler likes this.
  7. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +744 / 0
    I may take a "you drove that far...are you stupid" road trip to oxbow on Monday. I'll post results, if any.