Postfly box has anyone tried this???

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Eric Denny, Mar 19, 2014.

1. I seen this on Facebook a couple months ago and thought it looked interesting. For a fee, depending on how long you sign up for, they send you 12-15 flies a month aimed at the species you target, the time of year and what part of the U.S. you are in. I was wanting to know if anyone has done it yet? I signed up today they have a offer going for the first month for $5 and I figured it would be a good time to give it a try. If anyone has done it or is doing it please let me know what you think. It doesn't matter much as I have already signed up but would still like to know if I am going to be happy with this. It seems like a fun thing to do kinda like a fly swap that you pay for all the flies.lol Also I will post a pic when I get them so you guys can see what it looks like and if anyone wants to know the $5 promo code is 5DOLLAFLYBOX but you have to end it if you don't like what you got because it goes up to $15 a month after that. So in away I guess this will turn out to be a review. I will let you guys know what I think and if you have any questions I might be able to answer them. Try me.

Eric

2. looks cool, I think I'll give it a try.

Eric Denny likes this.
  3. Good we can see if we get the same thing or if they are different.

Patrick Gould likes this.
  4. Let us know how this works .. interested ...

Eric Denny likes this.
  5. Was not impressed. They flies where not bad but I asked questions about what fly selection they use as I am a moving water trout guy that fishes mostly drys. I was assured that they have just the package for that, well I got a nice selection of flies about 17, 3 drys 4 midges, and 10 nymphs. So I am a little disappointed and I messaged them about it and have yet to hear anything back. So I won't do this again at this point and inless the respond I wouldn't recomend it to anyone.

6. Well if you were in Montana I would say you got just what you need. I don't see that many fish looking up so nymphs seem to be what they like. Except when I go to upper Ruby River. They seem to like dries up there. Especially the Grayling.

7. And a lot of other places are the same way old man but when you make a point to ask about a certain kind of flies for a certain kind of fishing and they tell you know problem they should make sure you get more of what you asked for then what you didn't.

Old Man likes this.