Pretty much pointless Lincoln Park Report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by pcknshvl, Aug 12, 2005.

1. pcknshvl

pcknshvl Member

Discovered a strong breeze, salad in the water, and a sudden desire to go back home, read the paper, and drink coffee. So I did.

One other fly fisher there braving the elements--maybe he'll post something here.

Tom

2. Steve Rohrbach

Steve Rohrbach Puget Sound Fly Fisher

Media:
    I fished Lincoln Park on the incoming tide last night. Can you say, "All you can eat Salad Bar?" It was the worst I have ever seen. Two fly fisherman and three buzz bombers. I saw one fish jump 300 feet off shore. There were two small bait explosions well offshore. I stuck around until sunset thinking the lower light would bring in some fish but they were nowhere to be found. Thats why we call it fishing, not catching.

3. marcopolo

marcopolo Member

Steve,

There was at least as much salad floating around on my side of the point last night that I decided to quit a little before you. On my way back I saw a couple of SRCs jumping around by the marina and caught one with a couple of quick casts.

4. Ron Crawford

Ron Crawford ===

I fished a ways further south from you at Saltwater State Park and found the same conditions. The combination of a little wind and incomming tide made decent casting a tough go of it. The whole scene was just tough and un-fishy so I bailed out early too.

5. Dizane

Dizane Coast to Coast

Media:
    I've been fishing area 11 by boat and the salad has been pretty bad. The fish seem to like to hang around it though...

Dane