NFR Pretty Sad

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by miyawaki, May 28, 2013.

1. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +848 / 1
    dryflylarry likes this.
  2. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +514 / 0
    Just disgusting... yeesh.
  3. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +319 / 2
    Pretty funny. How much do you suppose they pay their guide per trip? That and the price of transportation and gear makes ANY rod/reel purchase a bargain IMO. From the perspective that you'll fish it as often as you like maybe for the rest of your life. I have climbed Olympus but I'm just not a "peak bagger". Thirty miles uphill doesn't equal 3 miles on a stream.
    Jerry Daschofsky likes this.
  4. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +514 / 0
    The article said these days many clients have little or no experience and pay $30-120k.
  5. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +205 / 0
    Just finished that article yesterday. Article said that you get what you pay for with the guide fee, in both experience, support & equipment. That Hillary Step is a real bottleneck - people wanting to go up, others wanting to go down.
  6. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,598 / 0
    They all must have heard there are winter steelhead at the top! ...looks like the same crowd to me.
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    I actually heard about this a few years back. A buddy I graduated college with did it. He is an experienced climber, in the army (having also taken courses there as well). He didn't make it to the summit, only because weather held them back. He was appauled how it was back then. Didn't sound this bad.
  8. sopflyfisher Active Member

Where the fish are located
    Ratings: +445 / 0
    kinda like our fisheries today. they should shut the guiding down over there and here. obviously ruining the experience and resource. absolutely appalling.
  9. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +565 / 0
    Another good reason not to post the rock you fish on in a Fishing Report!
  10. Tom Bowden Active Member

Black Diamond, WA
    Ratings: +72 / 3
    The Eagles song "The Last Resort" ends with the lyrics, "Call someplace paradise, kiss it goodbye." So true....

Tom