Price's Lake Question??

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Dick Warnke, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Is anybody familiar with Price's Lake on th Oly Peninsula near Lake Cushman? My question is can you drive to the shoreline and launch a Pram or is it a pack in a float tube situation. Any info appreciated.

2. Charlie Riddle

Charlie Riddle New Member

Home Page:
    Ya got about a 60 yard pack down hill from the road.

3. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Last time I saw that trail, me and my buddy opted NOT to carry my canoe down it...would be extremely tough trying to get a pram in there. That was over a year ago...didn't even look at it last year.
    Myself, I don't care much for inflatables (I won't use a float-tube), but I might get a small raft for similar situations...also, because I like hard-bottoms, I'm looking at minimal size/weight yaks I can easily portage in.

4. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Just fished it a month ago. The trail is steep and narrow from the road, especially at the end of along day on the water. Best advice, pack light! I did this trip with a TU Columbia (thanks Wes) 9' toon, oars, fins, cooler with lunch (2 liters of H2O, and a sandwich), two rods, waders, boots, and no launch/portage wheel. The toon and gear weighed about half a ton by the time I got back to the road. Take care at the reaally narrow launch point. The muck is waist deep!:eek: Fishing was OK. Damsel, Alder and Callibaetis hatches coming off during the day.

5. Luke Filmer

Luke Filmer Member

Media:
    A little late for Prices and the "launch" is basically a trench in the mud where a tiny clearing appears through the dense trees. The water has warmed up and it is a shallow lake. Try up higher elevations for lakes at this time.
    The trail is fine unless your gear gets soaked in the bow of the FAT-CAT while fishing because the garbage bag you thought would keep your shoes, sweatshirt, lunch, etc dry, gets filled up with water:beathead:
    Carrying the tube, rod and a 60 pound bag of wet stuff was a beeotch:D Not to mention eating the chunk of ham from a soggy pile of what was a much anticipated sangwhich:cool:

6. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Thanks for all the input, does'nt sound Pram accessible...so much for that idea!! Thanks Again.

7. gigharborflyfisher

gigharborflyfisher Native Trout Hunter

Media:
    Home Page:
    I would second that one about a wet bag of crap totally sucking, although the soggy sandwiches weren't all that bad :rofl:.

If I were you I would wait until the fall to hit it, it seemed like the trout were hanging out a little deep.