Private beach laws...

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Nick Clayton, Aug 24, 2009.

1. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Media:
    Flyborg- No one has provided any empirical data stating the origin of the waste. Both sides says it's the other guy, and from my experience (spent most summers growing up in Union right by Marks vacation house) both sides are disrespectful polluters.

2. tahuyamg

tahuyamg tahuyamg

I just want to make it clear that in Union there is only beach property I am refering too. Tahuya is where the house is I am refering too. Union is small, there are a few houses in union on the water. I state this cause I don't want anyone thinking,"hey there's were that asshole mark lives and not it actually be the right house, that's all...

3. tahuyamg

tahuyamg tahuyamg

4. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Media:
    Well at least they're trying to pinpoint it instead of blaming it entirely on the anglers.

5. gt

gt Active Member

Media:
    what i would like to know is where the septic drain fields of all of these water front owners terminate. seems as though there is quite a bit of 'run off' from exisiting home owners to go around.

6. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Media:
    Your right GT, that's why the North Shore and the South Shore homebuilding directly on the shoreline is the major, if not only, water quality problem in this portion of the Hood Canal. Can we inspect your septic system Mark? :D

7. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

Typically you can get an "asbuilt" (schematic of a septic system) from the county health department's online service with an address or tax parcel number. Age of the system is one indicator of whether or not it is working properly or failing.

Several years ago the Pierce County Health Department tested all the systems in Purdy Lagoon to identify the ones that were failing and causing high counts of fecal coloform in the bay. They found more than a few were simply old and worn out, many had illegally been installed or modified, etc.