Pro gun groups, which one do you support?

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Roper, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

The e-Bay thread brought some issues to light concerning pro-gun groups and their actions or public comments by members.

So, here's the question. Which group best represents your views on gun ownership/rights? And why?

There are quite a few out there, NRA, RKBA, SCI, etc.

Let's keep this informative by pointing out the positives and minimize the negative responses, or at least keep them civil.

Let's give it a try folks...

2. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

the Democratic Party of Alaska

3. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I'm a member of the NRA, GPAA (Gold Prospectors), NAHC. All are pro gun.
    I pay my dues and pitch in more $ when I can.
    I write letters, make phone calls, try to get the rest of the gun owners that are not members of a pro gun/hunting/sport shooting org. to join up and help fight the good fight.
    The negatives to this is that the world is run be money, not common sense.
    Freedom is not free!!!!

4. Jon Borcherding

Jon Borcherding New Member

Member of NRA and GOA, also a contributor to SAF (they don't have a membership).
    None of these groups reperesent my views 100% but all of them work to defend the 2nd amendment.
    Now that I think about it, none of my elected officials represent my views 100% either.
    I'm beginning to think that we live in an imperfect world.:eek:

JonB

5. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

The human portion of it, yes...;)

6. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

I support the NRA only ($$ and occasional letter writing).

I don't support SCI, which is a hunting rights org, not a gun rights org. My reasoning is that I'm strongly opposed to the practice of high fence big game hunting. I feel they're a embarassment to hunters everywhere and should be outlawed.

7. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

Ditto, C-Dub. If it isn't fair chase, it's not hunting, it's shooting, and what dumbass can't do that. That group and another in my opinion, simply want our money to cater to rich jerk offs, that indeed do bring a bad name to the sport i love so very much. Although i'm not happy with every statement or stance the NRA makes or takes. it's the one Organization that speaks to our individual and collective Rights, when so many of power are seeking to end them and our way of life, being the cowards they are, and letting others do their killing for them. I support the NRA. Twice i have used a pistol to protect myself, once from Robbery and once from an attempted car jack.

8. Jon Borcherding

Jon Borcherding New Member

I could go into some of the things that I don't like about the NRA, GOA, SAF, etc., etc., but since this thread is about groups that we DO support I would like to encourage you all to check out the GOA (Gun Owners of America). They do some great work and they provide some effective ways to access your legislators and make your voice heard. :thumb:

JonB

9. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

NRA. I don't buy into everything they stand for, but there's no middle ground in the political arena so I go with what best represents my views.

I've also been Ducks Unlimited member for almost 20 years. While they're a conservation group, I would have to think they favor the right to keep and bear arms because their membership is comprised of 90% waterfowl hunters, who need their guns for obvious sporting reasons. I don't know that DU publicly endorses or takes any stand regarding the NRA though.

10. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

NRA, GOA, SAF and WAC (Washington Arms Collectors) who do good lobbying work.

11. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

NRA. And I also am all for high fence big game hunting. Leaves more real bucks for me.