proper punctuation

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Alex MacDonald, Aug 13, 2013.

1. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Media:
    ...which of course is exactly why your uncle is there helping you in the first place.

2. orangeradish

orangeradish Bobo approved

Home Page:
    Dearest Alex,

I hope this post finds you well.

May I be so bold as to suggest that you step away from the keyboard and go fishing?

Warmest regards,

Phineas Q. Hookset

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Do me a favor Alex, never bring Uncle Jack up to our property with you...OK?

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  4. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    Ah, my dear friend, we sallied forth for just that occasion early this morning! We set sail upon stunning Lake Wenatchee, but alas, our piscene prey were few and far between. In other words, the skunk was upon us! I remain,

your most ob't servant
    Alexander Mac Donald of Lochaber (of that ilk).

orangeradish likes this.
  5. flyfool

flyfool Active Member

Maybe he helped his Uncle Jack "off" a horse, as in putting the poor creature down to end its suffering. But if he caught Uncle Jack molesting livestock, maybe he should "off" Uncle Jack.

6. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    Great, now I'm going to wonder about Jack every time I traverse Jack's Pass. :(

7. The Duke

The Duke Been around

Media:
    I read that perfectly and as fast as usual. You just blew my mind. I put it in front of my fiancé, and she did the same.

8. Kaiserman

Kaiserman Phil 4:11-13

Temporarily on earth, longing for home...
    Here's a novel idea... Just dial their number, and talk to them in person. :eek:

9. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

It's KABOOM not just BOOM..... sheesh such neanderthals we have here:(

10. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Don't drop that P and traverse Jack's ass.

It is not Kaboom, just Boom.

Stew McLeod and Gary Knowels like this.
  11. 9iron

9iron Member

wtf lol bro

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  12. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Media:
    Puzzle solving is good for the brain. Sometimes that puzzle comes in the form of a terrible mess of grammar and punctuation.

Alex's post is a good example. The reader can use info he may already know about Alex to gain understanding. Does he have an uncle named Jack? Does he have an uncle that has a horse? Is that horse a stud? Has he ever spoke about breeding that horse? Is that horse injured or old and may have needed to be put down? Does Alex's uncle have connections with a Chinese food supplier? Use your context clues.

13. Por todo lo que 'texters', que no se pueden molestar a emplear la puntuación adecuada y queremos acortar cada palabra para que sea más fácil, sólo recuerden que hay una gran diferencia entre ayudar a su tío Jack off el caballo y ayudar a su tío jack off el caballo

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJJA

14. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Me thinks that Alex has uncovered one of the world's greatest mysteries. Men have often wondered why women will ramble on and on in conversation, without really saying anything.

The obvious reason is that they do not use punctuation in their conversation. They ramble on in an array of words that have no connection and they they wonder why men tune them out. It is
    because we can't understand a word they are saying, in context to
    what they have already said, and are about to say.

Alex MacDonald and Dottiesdad like this.
  15. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

Lets eat Grandma.
    Lets eat, Grandma.
    Commas save lives...........:D

dfl and Jamie Wilson like this.
  16. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Media:
    Are you addressing Grandma? Are you addressing your cannibal sibling? Easily worked out regardless of punctuation.

17. 9iron

9iron Member

The fact that his uncles horse is a mare makes it even more confusing.

18. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Alex, if you ever introduce me to your Uncle Jack, please remind me to avoid shaking his hand!:eek:

19. Well, Quantum mechanics (QM – also known as quantum physics, or quantum theory) is a branch of physics which deals with physical phenomena at microscopic scales, where the action is on the order of the Planck constant. Quantum mechanics departs from classical mechanics primarily at the quantum realm of atomic and subatomic length scales. Quantum mechanics provides a mathematical description of much of the dual particle-like and wave-like behavior and interactions of energy and matter.

In advanced topics of quantum mechanics, some of these behaviors are macroscopic and emerge at only extreme (i.e., very low or very high) energies or temperatures.[citation needed] The name quantum mechanics derives from the observation that some physical quantities can change only in discrete amounts (Latin quanta), and not in a continuous (cf. analog) way. For example, the angular momentum of an electron bound to an atom or molecule is quantized.[1] In the context of quantum mechanics, the wave–particle duality of energy and matter and the uncertainty principle provide a unified view of the behavior of photons, electrons, and other atomic-scale objects.

The mathematical formulations of quantum mechanics are abstract. A mathematical function known as the wavefunction provides information about the probability amplitude of position, momentum, and other physical properties of a particle. Mathematical manipulations of the wavefunction usually involve the bra-ket notation, which requires an understanding of complex numbers and linear functionals. The wavefunction treats the object as a quantum harmonic oscillator, and the mathematics is akin to that describing acoustic resonance. Many of the results of quantum mechanics are not easily visualized in terms of classical mechanics—for instance, the ground state in a quantum mechanical model is a non-zero energy state that is the lowest permitted energy state of a system, as opposed to a more "traditional" system that is thought of as simply being at rest, with zero kinetic energy. Instead of a traditional static, unchanging zero state, quantum mechanics allows for far more dynamic, chaotic possibilities, according to John Wheeler.

The earliest versions of quantum mechanics were formulated in the first decade of the 20th century. At around the same time, the atomic theory and the corpuscular theory of light (as updated by Einstein) first came to be widely accepted as scientific fact; these latter theories can be viewed as quantum theories of matter and electromagnetic radiation, respectively. Early quantum theory was significantly reformulated in the mid-1920s by Werner Heisenberg, Max Born and Pascual Jordan, who created matrix mechanics; Louis de Broglie and Erwin Schrödinger (Wave Mechanics); and Wolfgang Pauli and Satyendra Nath Bose (statistics of subatomic particles). And the Copenhagen interpretation of Niels Bohr became widely accepted. By 1930, quantum mechanics had been further unified and formalized by the work of David Hilbert, Paul Dirac and John von Neumann,[2] with a greater emphasis placed on measurement in quantum mechanics, the statistical nature of our knowledge of reality, and philosophical speculation about the role of the observer. Quantum mechanics has since branched out into almost every aspect of 20th century physics and other disciplines, such as quantum chemistry, quantum electronics, quantum optics, and quantum information science. Much 19th century physics has been re-evaluated as the "classical limit" of quantum mechanics, and its more advanced developments in terms of quantum field theory, string theory, and speculative quantum gravity theories

20. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Wow, you are really smart or you know how to use wiki...

Ed Call likes this.