Props to Orvis

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by deansie, Apr 30, 2013.

1. deansie

deansie Member

Just wanted to send a thanks to the crew at the Bellevue Orvis...bought an 8wt Clearwater there 2 years ago and of the four times I've used it, three different sections have broken within the first 5 minutes of using it. First time I thought it was user error but after the 2nd time my thought was it was a faulty blank and the 3rd time solidified that thought. Each time I've taken it back they've sent it in to be repaired and after the 3rd time they replaced the rod with a new one. While a pain, the individuals working there never second guessed me and delivered a new piece or in the last case, a rod, within weeks and apologized for any inconvienence. Thanks Leland and crew....guess I just wanted to share.

Porter and Kent Lufkin like this.
  2. SpringCreek

SpringCreek Addicted to Cane.......

Out of curiosity, did it break in the same or different locations?

3. deansie

deansie Member

Nope, 3 of 4 sections broke in different areas of each section. First go around thought I had nicked it w/ a streamer but after breaking the middle two sections with nothing more than 5-6 casts (and nothing coming in contact w/ the rod) my thought was a bad blank.

4. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

Deansie,

I think SpringCreek meant fishing locations. Some locations are more hostile to rods than others, although some of us are much more talented in this area and can pretty much break a rod anywhere, anytime. Sigh....

Seriously, this is great news and huge props for Orvis. Way to go, Leland.

5. deansie

deansie Member

Ahhhh....guess I'm a little thick headed. Nope, the three sections actually were broken in three different states, guess my own version of a Gordie Howe hat trick!