pros and cons of nymphing with a fly rod?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by dragonslayer, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Yeah Chris, not only are you a jerk, but you're a big fat one no less.

Somebody remind me what this thread is about. Apparently it's the "try a little tenderness" thread.

triploidjunkie and Jeff Sawyer like this.
  2. Ira,

Because you were precariously balanced on a log, you get a pass on that fish. But don't let it go to your head now, OK?

Sg

Irafly likes this.
  3. I really enjoy your post. The vast knowledge( which you share frequently) and quality of responses are some of the best i see on fishing forums.

4. 5 F's dude...feed fish foam flies frequently.

PT and McNasty like this.
  5. float foam flies in the foam line while finning if you want to be doing it right.

6. Come on Ed, don't let Derek win the onamonopea(sp) contest.

7. it's onomatopoeia. I guess i don't get or appreciate your guys' humor. I find the discussion tiresome. And name calling rude.

8. Not sure but I'm thinking we pretty much have the 2014 "last word" contest going.

underachiever likes this.
  9. Fixed your grammar for you. Just helping out .

10. It's is a contraction of it is. My grammar was correct. If you are referring to the missed left shift key resulting in a lowercase i, that falls under punctuation, a result of fast and sloppy typing. Salmo put "(sp)" in parentheses indicating that he was unaware of the correct spelling of the word onomatopoeia. I was providing the correct spelling. Again, I guess I don't get the humor around here.

11. Oh its all in good fun man.

12. I can handle the banter on this board because it's just words on a screen. What's really rude is your behavior on the river! That's real life. You can lay sole claim to the two biggest chump moves I've ever seen on the river. And, from others I've talked to, it's pretty much your MO. Worst part of it is that you simply can't recognize it. I respect an asshole that knows they're an asshole. You're an asshole and think it's just a misperception.

Chris Johnson and golfman44 like this.

13. The fact you get so up tight about punctuation on a fly fishing forum but have absolutely no issue with bonking native steelhead is mind blowing.

Keep fighting the good fight brother

14. Back to Rob Allen's post. There are rods designed to cast weight and rods designed to cast line. The ones made to cast weight cast weight pretty well and therefore work a bit better for casting weight. Fly rods are designed to cast lines, though they will cast weighted lines as all lines have weight. I've heard about how well flyrods throw bobbers and splitshot but I don't believe it.

15. The 34F's:
    Feeding feral fish frequently forage for fat foam flies found fecklessly floating, following faint frothy foam fingers flowing forever forward, ferrying faltering, fluttering, fake flies, fooling frisky, frivolous fluvial fingerlings, foretelling frightful fishy futures.

Ed Call, Irafly, Lugan and 6 others like this.
  16. simple solution.... stop reading the thread.

time to add another one to the list.

Derek Young likes this.
  17. Fantastic Freestone!

18. F
    Freakin' funny.

19. Ohhh, Freestone wins 2014 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year!

20. Someone has a lot of F'n time..