Puget Sound Face to Face Fly Swap and Casting Gathering

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by kelvin, Mar 19, 2010.

1. robbbos

robbbos east coast transplant

Sounds great. Steve -- thanks again for hosting... I can't wait. I'm just starting to tie so I'm working on something pretty simple, a little floating clouser/popper type fly. Let me know as we get closer what exactly I can bring.

Rob

2. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Just bring what you want. It looks like maybe 25 people with kids couinted. There's plenty of room and lots of chairs/tables.

3. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

Gene Barnak ( Banzai) will be coming by after his workday to demo two handed casting as well

4. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

I am bring some type of BBQed sandwich item likey hickory smoked pulled pork and some smoked trout

5. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

who else wants to demo tying a fly?

6. Steve Saville

I planned on bringing a vise and some stuff. And I thought I'd bring the board I tie furled leaders on and some scrap mono so if anyine wanted to practice, they could.

7. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

great love to see that

8. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Kelvin and Steve, i'll bring codements for the burgers and dogs maybe sone pickles and olives too. ketchup mustard miracle whip and margerine, okay?

9. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I'll demo Leland's popper, unless he's there and wants to do it!

I'm going to bring my small Weber BBQ down and cook up some brats in beer and onions. I'll have charcoal too. If someone else could bring some brats to add in, Steve is handling the buns and condiments I believe.

I'll have some rods to play with, including my Deer Creek 5wt switch, 6wt Rainshadow 9' RX-8+ and whatever else I feel like dragging down.

Looking forward to it and seeing Les and others down there! So will anything be fishing well and what time are the tides down there next Saturday?

Bill

10. Steve Saville

I have burgers, hot dogs, and buns for both. If need be, I can get some larger buns for the brats. Bob's bringing the condiments.

Kelvin, don't be overly impressed. It's a board with two hooks and a couple of nails- very primitive but I have lots of mono to play with and a drill to twist the stuff with.

I'll bring my two switch rods and three spey rods - all different weights, so people can try them out. I was down today and set out the two pic-nic tables, three total and I have the BBQ ready along with two folding tables and some canopies to shade us from the orb in the sky that I haven't seen in quite some time. I'm looking forward to Saturday.

11. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

Me Too

I made some signs to help people find the place

My flies are all tied
    how is everone else doing ?

12. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I've got a few to finish, probably will do them tomorrow night.

13. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

I'll be there a bit after 7PM after I close the shop. I'll do a little two-handed spey casting with my 117 Helios switch. Save me a little food and beer!

Leland.

14. Bob Jones

Mine are tied and only need the Softex coatings done . I haven't trimmed any because I've never seen how they should look, so they're my adaptation of the recipe. I'll bring a few of my lanyards too if that's okay. I really am lookng forward to this and meetiing you all and also meetiong Les and thanking Carol for bringiing him. See you then.

15. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Steve and Kevin:

My grandson's basketball games have been moved to the weekend of May 22th. I now will be able to attend your face-to-face gathering on May 15th. I want to attend "cuz" Mumbles will be there and I will be able to meet him:thumb:. Ed you had better not cancel out!

You are looking for people to demonstrate tying some patterns. I'll tie up a couple of effective tube fly patterns.

I hope that Les Johnson will still be able to attend the gathering. Would anyone be bring any Rio Outbound or Airflow plus forty lines(sinking type 8, 7 or 8 wt line) for individuals try out?

I can bring some chips and dip plus some drinks.

Roger

16. Ed Call

Crap, outed publicly by Roger. I've been secretly notifying Kelvin that I might be mailing flies to him because of my hectic family schedule. I guess I will follow his advice and find a way to show up regardless. Thanks for the extra pressure. If I can find a way then I'll be bringing a load of gear stuff including switch rods, lines I use with them and who knows what else. Whatever I'm bringing is fair game to try out. With the cast of characters listed to assemble all pressure is off of me to demonstrate anything but how to make a fool of one's self. I can handle that! No promises, but I'll juggle the schedule so that I can be there, at least for a while. Roger, what time slot will you be in attendance? I'd hate to drop in and run before or after you and then really be on your bad side. Steve, thanks again for welcoming all of us merry malcontents to your abode and Kelvin, thanks for setting it all up.

17. Steve Saville

Both of you are most welcome and Roger, it will be good to meet you. I wanted to come to Bellevue this past Saturday but I had a family schedule to fulfill so I'll be glad to tap some of that knowledge. That's the only price of admission. Check my post earlier in this one for googling the address and my cell number just in case you can't find it. Glad to have you both, Roger and Ed.

18. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Steve:

I just got off the phone with my grandson and his basketball games have been changed back to May 15th weekend. So I won't be able attend your gathering. Hope to make a future face-to-face gathering.

Mumbles, I am the one that has cancelled so you had better give me some "heat"!

Roger

19. Bob Jones

Roger how could you do this to us and thanks for the hand outs. Enjoy the games The kids grow to fast to take a chance on missing things they do.

20. Ed Call

Well Roger, heat coming...standby. Have a great time at the grandson's game(s). Everyone else will have to wait! I think I have cleared the one obstacle for Saturday. Now I have some flies to finish or I'll be the laughing stock and disappointment of the day.