Puget Sound Face to Face Fly Swap and Casting Gathering

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by kelvin, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    Don't feel badly, my friend. I looked closely at the heads non my flies and for some reason, almost all look screwed up. I think i need some new epoxy.
  2. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    OkayRoger. We'll miss you.

Leland, you really expect us to save you a beer?
  3. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +484 / 0
    I'm exited. I'll have both boys in tow. I'll also figure out some hoisin ginger glazed chicken to bring.
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    If there are beers earmarked for folks then I'll glady pass mine along to Leland. He deserves a beer way more than I do and I will have a longer trek home. Anyone who puts up with all of my annoying questions like Leland has...well lets just say that I should be bringing him a keg of his favorite brew.
  5. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +836 / 1
    A beer from Mumbles and chicken from orangeradish will be all I need!

Leland.
  6. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I'll bring an extra cigar or two for ya... Hopefully I'll have enough! Maybe my online order will be in by the end of the week!
  7. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +285 / 0
    Flybill,
    here's Leland's request
    La Gloria Cubana Corona, Madura wraper.

any idea where I can get a couple?
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    From Leland!
  9. Mike Lee It's all about the sauce.....

South King County
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Kelvin, that's a popular cigar, but the maduro is not as popular as the natural, so chances are if a store stocks them they most likely won't be sold out. You're in Seattle right? Raincity Cigar tends to always have a great inventory. They're in Georgetown, fairly quick off of I-5 and easy to get back on your way to Saville's. Give them a call: 5963 Corson Avenue South, Seattle, WA‎ - (206) 767-2048‎
  10. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

The cigar shop in Woodinville, by the QFC has them I think, and Fine Wine and Cigars in Redmond Town Center too. I love a good maduro and those are fine cigars. Also try the Camacho Triple Maduro! I've found a lot of different ones that I like.

My favorite cigar at the moment is a fine Partagas Black! Got a box coming, but I doubt I'll have them by tomorrow. May stop by my cigar club in Fife before the event, but its a bit farther south than the event.

See you guys tomororw!
    Cigar Bill
  11. Mike Lee It's all about the sauce.....

South King County
    Flybill, if you go to Fife just take the waterfront route by the metal scrap yard and the mill. It will take you all the way to Saville's in about 10 minutes or less.
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    The misses is a bit concerned about a news story she heard. Something about Tacoma traffic, 15 mile backup both ways. She wants to bag the journey. Who is in the know that can tell me that this will not be a factor coming from the Gig Harbor side on 16 through Tacoma to Dash Point.

Planning on bringing three switch rods, lines with shooting heads that I use for two handed overhead casting from the beach. We'll bring something to eat too. What else do we need?

Rods in the rig:
    Orvis 7wt Switch
    TFO Deer Creek 4wt Switch
    TFO TiCR-X 8wt using the Switch Conversion Kit
    (Sorry, took the 6110 Z Axis to Sage today for ferrule wrap repair and a new tube)
  13. Mike Lee It's all about the sauce.....

South King County
    Mumbles,

PM sent with back road directions.
  14. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Not to worry. I'll have my 5110 there.
  15. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Thanks Mike! See you guys down there!
  16. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Kelvin, Steve and everyone else,
    I've been excited for weeks to attend this gathering, get a chance to meet everyone (especially Les and his wife),hang out and enjoy one of Flybills beer brat's, and watch Mumbles casting demos :rolleyes: on Steve's beautiful property.
    And to top it off the weather is going to be perfect today which makes this even harder for me to post so i'll just get to the point.
    Due to another committment that I thought I could finalize by this week has not happened so i'm not going to make it to the gathering today bawling:

Enjoy the weather guys!

Richard
  17. BaldBob Member

DuPont,WA
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    What is best way to get there coming from DuPont?
  18. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Well it's over and many people missed out on a great day, Les and Carol were there and very much enjoyed by all and so great to hear how Les is doing and the things he has to tell. Carol is very charming and really a fly fisher herself. They were wonderful and stayed for some time. Leland was his usual self and shoed up early to make sure he got fed and had lots of input to the conversation and the casting. Many who signed up didn't show but some sent their flies. What a great time fhor those who came and sorry to those who didn't. We can't wait to do it again. Oppz and many thanks to Kelvin and Steve for Puttihg it togeather.
  19. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Great times, great people, my entire family had a wonderful time. Thanks for hosting Steve, and for the suggestion/swap Kelvin. It was good meeting a few new friends and enjoying a few hours with old friends. Truly great to see each and every one of you, thank you all.
  20. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +836 / 1
    Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day with a great bunch of guys! Thanks Steve and Kelvin. Great food, great company, great conversation and the most rods outside of a fly shop I've ever seen!

Leland.