FS Puget Sound Fly Co burglary

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Anil, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Anil

Anil Active Member

Last night our flyshop was burglarized. The thieves took a number of Sage and G-Loomis single hand as well as two handed rods. They also made off with numerous reels from: Lamson, Ross, Tibor, Abel, Echo, Redington, Sage, and Saracione.
    I will be updating this as a more specific inventory is counted. In the meantime, I would ask that anyone who is offered a great deal on new fly fishing gear (particularly ‘new’ rods and reels without original cases or socks) please be aware this may be stolen and contact us.
    Thanks

2. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

This is terrible news and I will be on the lookout online.

3. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

That sucks rotten eggs! Sorry to hear, will keep a lookout, hope your insurance covers the losses. Do you have serial #'s for the missing rods?

4. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Sorry to hear that Anil.
    Yellowlab do fly rods and reels even have serial numbers
    If so we all should record the numbers for the ones in our collections
    I never noticed any numbers but I rarely look that closely at my gear, I just use it and clean it once in a while. When using it I prefer to look at every thing but the gear.
    Hopefully the buggers will get caught

5. aplTyler

aplTyler Inept Steelheader

Most US made rods have serial numbers... I'm sure high end reels are marked somewhere (I don't own any high-end rods/reels though...)

6. LD

LD Active Member

Sorry to hear about that. It is hard enough for small businesses to make it without these type of issues.

7. Denny

Denny Active Member

As noted by others, the upper end US made rods and reels typically have serial #'s.

This just sucks a big one. I hope we can find the culprit(s). You know they are likely familiar with fly fishing, to the extent they targeted certain products.

8. YAMMY

YAMMY Member

Please list the serial numbers of the Saracione reels when you figure it out as I am looking for one and do not want to buy a stolen item-other than if it is listed at a very low price it would be hard to tell.Over the years I have bought several reels and sold several without boxes etc as they are often misplaced-lost thrown out etc.

9. Rich Morrison

Rich Morrison Member

I copied and pasted your post to a couple of other fly fishing sites I frequent. Hopefully the word gets out they nab these jerks.
    Rich

10. flyfisher98052

flyfisher98052 New Member

Anil, Sorry to hear about your loss. As stuff comes up let's also forward it on facebook. As you get serial nos or other info, I would be happy to forward it to fly clubs through the fff. If you have any other ideas, let me know how I can help. This kind of crap infuriates me. People work too hard to make it these days to get ripped off.
    Pat Peterman

11. Rich Morrison

Rich Morrison Member

Good call in the facebook idea. Any and all further info (serial #s etc) I will post on the other sites as well. I agree - this sort of thing infuriates me.

12. teedub

teedub Active Member

There is a guy around who has an email list of pawnshops he mails to. If I can find it he may not give it up but I will send along your message to him. I report back if I track him down.

13. isaacfab

isaacfab Member

Isn't this the second time this happened?

14. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

Anil, just saw a post on CL, in Tacoma, may want to email from a rogue address and follow up, seems odd without case and two reels for $450.

G Loomis NRX 9' #6 Four piece Fly Rod. As G loomis said on there website "This is the Best Fly Rod Ever Built!" Period!!
    ROSS CLA #3 Fly reel.
    WATERWORKS...ULA Force 3 Fly Reel Wt. 3.35oz

This Fly Gear has never been used and retails for over $1,300.00 (feel free to look it up).
    Back problems force sale.
    Loomis Rod does not have case. (sorry)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

15. 0101tj

0101tj Member

If I had a NRx I wouldn't have lost the case no line on reel sounds fishy better ask him if he has any more ! Sting time

16. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Yes you are very right, Please no one purchase or try to be a hero or spook this guy. Let Anil handle it!

17. orangeradish

orangeradish Bobo approved

Beat. His. Ass.

Bill Aubrey and Thomas Williams like this.
  18. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

+1.... With a cane stick!

Any recent news of this event, has anything been recovered?

19. Zeb Stadler

Zeb Stadler Member

I'D TAKE A RUN AT THE GUY

20. Okie

Okie New Member

Man I hope they catch the jerk or jerks.