Puget Sound Fly Fishing site.

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by tahuyamg, Mar 1, 2008.

1. tahuyamg tahuyamg

not sure
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Is anyone having a hard time accessing this sight?
  2. salt dog card shark

Edmonds WA / Mazama
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Puget Sound Fly Fishing sight.

Mark, I cannot raise it either. It hasn't been updated over the last couple of years, but I used to make frequent reference to it for the great patterns and photo's of marine food. To bad; good site.
  3. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +517 / 2

Which site is this?
  4. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0

I haven't been able to access it for a while either. I hope it's not gone forever :( That would be a bummer.
  5. Tony Tony

Lynnwood Wa
    Ratings: +74 / 0

The fly pattern archive has been gone for a couple of months, I don't know why, sure miss it though.
    tony
  6. lx-88 Member

Puget Sound.
    Ratings: +0 / 0

Here's a way to resurrect sites on the internet. This is part of the archive project and allows you to go back in time and visit most sites on the internet. Pick a date, and go. The archive is spotty at times, and I haven't tried using it with the pugetsoundflyfishing.com site.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.pugetsoundflyfishing.com/
  7. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0

anyone finally figure out what happened here?
  8. Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,264 / 1

That was Chris West's website. Great reference for fly patterns. I'll email someone I know who knows Chris and try to get the scoop if is likely to reappear on the web sometime in the future.
  9. d. rose Live to fish, fish to live.

Ashland, Oregon

Chris is a great friend of mine. He does have plans to get the site going again. I've spoken to him several times about it and he has some great new ideas for the site, and hopes to get even more people involved.

I'm glad to say that since the site was originally released it seems interest for fishing Puget Sound has only increased, so I think it can become a great resource once he gets some time.

Dylan Rose
  10. Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,264 / 1

Dylan,
    I talked to your dad at our office a few days ago. I was going to email him to get your contact info and find out about Chris's site. No need now.
    Thanks for the update.
    Brian
  11. tahuyamg tahuyamg

not sure
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    I'm glad to hear this as well. It was one of my top 3 fishing sights.
  12. SAU Member

Edmonds
    Check with the guys at Avid Angler in Lake Forest Park.
  13. South Sound Member

North Tacoma
  14. Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Gig Harbor, Washington
    Ratings: +187 / 0
    Used to frequent pugetsoundflyfishing.com all the time. I was bummed when it stopped being updated a few years ago. Hopefully it will be back in the future.
  15. Jon Brengan flyfishing addict

Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Seems to me, the old owner (Nathan Keen) of Avid Angler in Lake Forrest Park, was the originator/monitor of that site. He left a while back and probably the site went with him. I loved that site it was full of information prior to Les Johnson's book. We'll all miss this, great source of info.
  16. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +406 / 0

Chris West set up and ran that website. As mentioned above in 2008, he may set it up again at some point... or maybe he's just a busy guy with big responsibilities now? Last I heard Nathan is still a part owner of Avid, but not shop manager. It was a truly great website, especially for tying up new saltwater patterns and the great photos.
  17. Nol Needs to fish more..

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    It would be cool if someone either brought back or started up a similar site. It had lots of great info.