Question About A Fly Tyers Status...

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by HappyHooker, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Minx

Minx New Member

That level of "hotness" is dependent on the number of times I hang the leader on the one lonely weed sticking up behind me :mad: :beathead: bawling:

2. troutaholic

troutaholic Member

Home Page:
    Hey if you can touch the leader before you release the weed - that counts as a catch and thereby prevents a skunk. That's gotta be hot right Allison?

3. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

I think FF and all of the associated side hobbies (like tying) is a lot of fun, and I'd say that I really appreciate a nice cast. Matter of fac, I must say that I really enjoy watching people do things they are really good at--you have to be in "the zone." I imagine as I gape in awe at good casting or tiny grovvy flies and am impressed with that proficiency, perhaps others can see that in me when I am doing things that I'm good at.

Minx, I'm sure you are half-joking, but yes, I like what I see, but it doesn't make hotness where none previously existed.

As far as avoiding the skunk in this manner, well, no, that still counts as a skunk. However, if you're hot, and you get skunked, you're still hot even then. Especially so if you cast nicely. :D

4. Minx

Minx New Member

iagree I got a real ugly roll cast....don't think I'll be on the cover of L L Bean any time soon. ;)

5. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

geeky chick fly tyers are cool though only because they truely realize that the way to a flyfishers heart is through his fly...