Question about a new barrel for my shotgun

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Clint F, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Clint F Fly Fishing Youth

Port Orchard,WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I have a Remington Model 11 that I need a new barrel for to shoot steel shot for ducks. It is a 20 ga. and I would like a full choke. Does anyone know if and or where I can buy a new barrel for it? I would like it before duck season in october. Thanks for the help.

Clint
  2. 2506 Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    I think you're s.o.l.
  3. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +452 / 1
    I have an older (70's era) 870 with a full choke that became taboo for use with steel shot when it became required by law. I took it to a gunsmith and had it milled down to a modified choke so I could shoot steel. Your gun is a lot older than that and you may not want to go that route. If that's not an option for you, and finding a new barrel isn't to be done (at least in time for duck season), you could always shoot non-toxic
    if it's barrel damage you're worried about...? Not that you asked, but if it were me I'd keep that classic little 20 for upland work and get a 12 gauge, 3" meat gun you can get wet and muddy and not worry about.
  4. Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Lakewood,Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Check out this board. I'm sure the members there could guide you in the right direction.

www.shotgunworld.com
  5. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    clint- why do you want a full choke? Most steel patterns better for ducks with an IMP or Mod choke.
    We need to get out and shoot some ducks. I'll loan you my extra 12ga if you need a gun for the season.
  6. Clint F Fly Fishing Youth

Port Orchard,WA
    Thanks for the help. I think I am just going to save for a new gun for next year. David I sent you a pm.

Clint
  7. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    I think that saving for a new shot gun is the best idea.
    Watch for the sales and you might be able to pick up a new 870 for less than $300.00
  8. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
  9. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I found an 870 for $200...
  10. Clint F Fly Fishing Youth

Port Orchard,WA
    Thanks everyone. I wil give you a call david.

Clint