Question for WM Guys; Storage Pockets?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Brian Miller, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

WA
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    Anxiously awaiting my pre-order sale-priced Kodiak with the expedition upgrades to arrive. It comes with the mesh storage bag but do any of you WM guys have drier storage pockets within easy reach kinda like the Outcast Deluxe Cargo Pocket that will not interfere with rowing or shipping the oars?
  2. bustedout Still fishing

Bellingham
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have not found much need for additional storage on my WM kodiak. There is a small storage pocket on the back of the standard seat that comes with the WM that I use. I didn't know that pocket was there until I received my boat. I usually park my lunch and a bottle of water back there. If I really need to take a bunch of stuff along, I just dump it into the dry bag that comes with the WM, but that is overkill.
  3. Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

WA
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    That's really good to know. I found the seat pocket when I checked out the WFF Kodiak demo for a week. I spent the week with my buddy who had a pair of the Outcast bags on his 'toon. Besides fly boxes, spare spools, tippet spools, lunch, and a couple of drinks, he kept things like a map, camera, 2-way radios, binoculars, and a warm hat; all at his fingertips, and dry (or at least splash-proof). But space between the WM seat and tuibes is tight and without oar towers height is limited. I've been scrutinizing WM videos and can't find where anyone thought it is important to enough to is use "saddlebags", but thought I'd ask. Any other thoughts if that is something WM users would find useful?
  4. barbless Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have thought about trying one of those seat back cargo pockets for the hard seat I have, but why spend the extra money? I don't know where one would put one of those cargo pockets shown in your link.
    I have a small dry bag and put it behind the seat - holds everything I need for a day trip and is within easy enough reach for me.
    Be aware that the mesh cargo pocket (at least the one that came with my Kodiak) rides pretty low so I wouldn't put anything in it that cannot get wet.