Quick Okanogan report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Roper, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Just got back from 4 days at the ranch. Blue north of Wannacutt just iced off last week according to the road crew on the Ellemeham Road above the lake. I was chasing the snow to see how high up it was and hit it at the turnaround that comes back to Wannacutt.

So anything higher than 1500 feet probably still has ice on it.

We had snow and hail on Saturday night so it's not over yet...

2. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Rick, that sounds like northern Pend Oreille County also. I crossed the pass on Friday and all the Little Pend Oreille lakes are frozen including Coffin-the lowest one. Even White Lake down near Colville was still iced up. Yesterday morning we had an inch of snow.

But next week looks much better and I hope to drop the old truck into Drive and head for the desert to hammer some big rainbows.

You are right about it not being over yet. Tonight the predicted low is 20 with a probability of snow.

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Is Quail on your list...?

4. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

I'll bet that he might try for some caffeine. Third week in March has been my traditional time to find some caffeine and it hasn't been disappointing yet.

5. Topstoy

Topstoy Member

Looking forward to another good year in the north central. Roper, don't get blown off any lakes this year! Hope to see you on the water. Thanks for the update.