Quick Okanogan Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Donato, May 20, 2013.

1. Donato

Donato Member

Fished Aneas on Thur and Chopaka on Fri and Sat. I would have fished Chop on Sunday but it was windy still at 9am and I decided to leave. Both lakes fished very well for me. Caught most of my fish on leaches fished deep, the only thing I'm really good at, but I did pick up a few in the shallows on a damsel nymph and a few on dries and chirono's in Chopaka. The hatch at chopaka was very short on Sat , maybe 40 min, I did not fish it on Fri. Others said it was sporadic at best.
    I arrived at chopaka on thur evening around 7:30 to find all the campsites full. Had to park on the road side until a spot opened on Fri morning. It was cool up there and it rained hard on Sat morning making for a late start of me that day. but the fishing was great with most fish being in the 18-19 in range and the fish in aneas being either 12 or 17 inches. All fish fought hard and were chunky.
    It was nice meeting Topstoy at Aneas and Cliff at Chop that schooled me on chirono fishing, thanks for the secret chirono's.;)

muknuk likes this.
  2. Topstoy

Topstoy Member

Had a nice time on Aeneas and running into Donato. Fishing for me was a bit slow that day but Donato seemed to be having a good day! Then the hail storm hit,,,,