Quilcene Coho?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Woollyworm, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Woollyworm

Woollyworm New Member

Hi There,
    Anyone know if the fish have started showing up in the Quilcene/Little Quilcene rivers? I remember it was madhouse over there same time last year. I haven't heard much this year, however.

Thanks!

WW

2. kjackson

kjackson Banned or Parked

I fished it last Thursday, and the bay was alive with fish. However, most of them were non-biters. Also there were a lot of chum as well. The checker said, when I pulled out in late afternoon, that he'd counted 25 fish and figured that most of those were foul-hooked.

On top of that, it rained heavily during the day and was pounding on the upper watershed when I pulled out.

We need fresh fish moving in to get some biters, but... the big push was still west of PA as of last week. I assume that we'll see a bunch of fish heading this way soon.

3. rockfish

rockfish Member

went there thursday also and sunday. it has a lot of fish in it.

4. Woollyworm

Woollyworm New Member

Thanks! Just curious, where does the information regarding the whereabouts of the big salmon schools come from? Is it all based on fishing reports, or is there some way of actually tracking the big wave of silvers as they enter the Strait and then push down into the Sound? A website would be handy.....

cheers,
    ww