Quincy Lake Tagged Fish

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Tom Bowden, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Tom Bowden

Tom Bowden Active Member

Media:
    Yesterday (March 19), I caught one of the tagged fish from the recent fishing derby at Quincy Lake. I took a quick cell phone picture and released the fish. When I got home and did an internet search, I found out that there might have been a $500 prize if I had registered for the derby, paid the $20 fee, and taken the fish to the Chamber of Commerce office. The fish is still swimming around in case you're interested.

The fishing was good until the wind blew me off the water at 1:00. I was successful stripping an olive seal bugger, hanging a #16 bloodworm 9' under an indicator in 10' of water, and with a #18 black / silver/ white bead chironomid during the brief hatch. The fishing was slightly better on Wednesday than Tuesday. Water temperature was 48 in the morning and 50 in the afternoon.

The fish are smaller than previous years - 11" to 12". There were enough holdovers to keep things interesting, and the tagged fish was about 20" and fought hard.

Tom

Quincy Tagged Fish.jpg

2. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:
    I caught one of those as well, and I had actually registered for the derby. I caught it an hour after the derby. I'm 100% certain I put the tag in a specific location, but for the life of me I can't find the dang thing now! ACK!!!!!!!

Nice report.