Quincy Report for 03.02

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by phil217, Mar 3, 2013.

1. phil217

phil217 Member

I went out their with my buddy Rob and just missed meeting up with Paul K.

We got there on Friday night, set up camp and were out on the water the following morning by 630. Fished Quincy from 630 - 430 and landed roughly 35 trout. I think we ended up the day with over 70 fish to hand and probably double that in hits...

We were Chronomid fishing and the people that were there the day before said the opening day was insane with hungry trout! I thought today was an awesome day and cant imagine it getting better!

The wind was steady but not unmanageable like Paul and others had said it was the day before.

Got to meet IraFly and the gentleman he was fishing with (didnt catch a WWF name). Met another gentleman in a float tube and I think I overheard him saying he was on this forum. It is very nice to meet other people from the board!

2. Islander

Islander Steve

Thanks for the report.
    So now we know the secret spot Ira went to.:D

Irafly likes this.
  3. Donato

Donato Member

4. Donato

Donato Member

Phil I was there on Fri - Sat also . I was in a green bucks bag pontoon boat. Had on a blue rain jacket and a funky wool hat. Probably caught 20 fish on sat, some on chronos but most with an intermediate line and bugers and an olive woolly. Never did catch any of those hold overs but saw a few fish over 20in caught.

5. phil217

phil217 Member

Donato I remember you! We were the 2 guys in the smokercraft!