R.L. Winston 10'-0" 3pc. 7wt. LTX

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by BendMender, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BendMender

BendMender New Member

Sadly, I have to part with this great rod due to the need for more saltwater gear.

Anyways, the rod was purchased late last spring. Fished probably a total of 10 times. It is a little faster than the traditional Winston's, but still has a very smooth, progressive feel. Probably the best mending rod I have ever owned.

It has a factory upgraded aluminum saltwater reel seat with a 2-inch cork/rubber foam fighting butt. Three stripping guides, and oversized hard-chrome snake guides and tip-top. Each peice has its own matching serial number. The blank is a deep green that looks 3D when in the light.

The rod is in excellent condition as I thoroughly dry the cork before storing and always apply peraffin wax to the ferrules. The only blemish is a cosmetic scratch on the reel seat, which does not affect its performance at all. I purchased it from the retailer with the scratch.

Retailed for $625. I am asking $350 including shipping to the lower 48. Includes sock, tube, and papers and decal that came with rod. Would also consider trading for a high-end 10-wt saltwater rod in similar condition.

Pictures available upon request.

Thanks,
    Tony
    tpevec@hotmail.com

2. BendMender

BendMender New Member

R.L. Winston 10'-0" 3pc. 7wt. LTX- SOLD

The rod has been sold.
    Thanks,

BM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.