Rainshadow 7wt Switch line?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Badfish Creek, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Badfish Creek New Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    I am finishing up a Batson Rainshadow 7wt switch rod build. I am planning on using this rod 2 handed doing indicator nymph and egg pattern fishing. I am looking at the Airflo Speydicator line. I am trying to figure out if I am better off with the 7wt version or the lighter 5wt for this rod. Any input on this combo? The rod is rated on the high end at 380gr.
  2. RustE drifting about

Great Lakes
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Also have a look at Wulff Ambush lines.
  3. Badfish Creek New Member

RustE, Thanks for the headsup on the Ambush lines. I did have another people tell me to contact Steve Godshall about a custom line. So I did....turns out Steve did the design work on this Batson blank! Needless to say I had him make me a custom line for my little 7wt and it was in my hands all the way across the nation in two days!
  4. RustE drifting about

Great Lakes
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    I've heard many good comments about Steve's work. Glad you're getting setup well.
  5. Bagman Active Member

Poulsbo WA
    Ratings: +86 / 0
    I was trying to contact Steve Godshall but the email address I had was no good. Can someone please post it? Thanks.
  6. Badfish Creek New Member

Bagman likes this.
  7. Bagman Active Member

Poulsbo WA
  8. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +343 / 1
    I had Rainshadow speyrods built for my nephews. The Ambush lines I put on them cast like a dream but you can't go wrong with the custom made line.
  9. Bagman Active Member

Poulsbo WA
    I'm trying Ambush on my Angler's Roost 5/6 12' switch rod and I also like it.